The war on cops, another chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Condolences to Texas. I pay more attention to news from the Lone Star state, now that I have an Army daughter in San Antonio.

The book was written too soon? An interesting book full of actual data on the problem.

The gun-grabbers are already salivating.
"We must take a hard look at the ease with which wrongdoers can get their hands on deadly weapons and the frequency with which they use them." - Attorney General Loretta Lynch

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
This was well planned and executed unfortunately. Maybe if there wasn't this steady drum beat about a very small percentage of cops killing blacks (bashing the Minnesota policeman freaking out with a permit holder seems justified) while the vast majority of blacks are killed by black criminals the hate filled crazies would stay in their holes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/09/us/dallas-police-shooting.html?_r=0
During an hourslong standoff after the attack, in which two civilians were also wounded, one suspect told police negotiators that “he was upset about Black Lives Matter,” the Dallas police chief, David O. Brown, said on Friday.

“He said he was upset about the recent police shootings,” Chief Brown said. “The suspect said he was upset at white people. The suspect stated he wanted to kill white people, especially white officers.”

It appears that the dead sniper, identified as Micah X. Johnson, 25, was the sole gunman, a senior law enforcement official said. Officials at first said that at least two snipers had carried out a coordinated ambush, firing rifles from triangulated positions, including from one or more elevated posts in downtown buildings.

Mr. Johnson, an Army veteran who lived in the Dallas area, apparently had no criminal record in Texas. Investigators have not turned up any evidence that he had ties to the Black Lives Matter movement or to political groups. The official said that Justice officials have reached out to the Pentagon to obtain Mr. Johnson’s military records.

I would take the words of the killer to the police negotiators with a large grain of salt.

Last edited:

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Just bad luck to be the owner of that deviant, murderous gun. Obviously it is insane.
Most guns are normal and only interested in self defense. This one got by the quality control people it seems.
Maybe it suffered some kind of trauma during its younger, un-assembled days that caused it to become a killer?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
What appalls me is the complete absence of criticism for those who incite such actions.

This is not to defend police use of too much force. It is to demand that those who have access to bully pulpits not make rash accusations until both sides have been heard. How many times have those instigators been wrong? Remember Professor Gates? The Duke Lacrosse episode? And so forth.

John

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Protesting, threatening, and rioting used to have different definitions. Some politicians have stated publicly, they can understand and even condone a riot response.

The governor of Minnesota said that white racism was the cause of death at that traffic stop.

The race baiters are directly responsible for this.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
The gun-grabbers are already salivating.
gun control is the least of the problem. This may very well be the beginning of the end of america as we know it.

With the media pushing PC hard, and with our racist in chief in the office, you will only see the problem gets worse and worse, as we will never be able to have an open and honest discussion as to the root of the racial problems we face -> I have stated and I will continue to state this: America is an openly racist society. Except the source of the racism is totally different from what many people think.

As to policing, i'm a big supporter of community policing. A free society is one where people have the right to decide what kind of a community they want to live in. And I will fight to my last breath for people's right to live in their cesspool if they so chose.

freedom means be responsible for your own actions, like what the people of Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, Ferguson, etc. are going through.

It is part of their unalienable rights to crap where they eat.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Protesting, threatening, and rioting used to have different definitions. Some politicians have stated publicly, they can understand and even condone a riot response.

The governor of Minnesota said that white racism was the cause of death at that traffic stop.

The race baiters are directly responsible for this.
I suspect you are aware who Mark Dayton is and his background. If not, this might be interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Dayton

John

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
The reporting of the aftermath is quite interesting:

1) watch the news carefully and you will get to know the suspects' race by listening to what is NOT reported;
2) where is the widespread demand every corner of the society for the suspects to be charged with terrorism, and with hate crimes?

I am actually surprised that some police forces, especially in large cities / urban areas, still exist in this environment.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
They want to replace or at least oversee local police with a political officer.

We must come up to federal political standards.

I'm sure that will be considered.

Comrade.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Considered? The transition to a federal police force is well underway, comrade.

Defaming local police is just means to that end. Create a big problem, step in with the federal cure-all medicine. It's a tried and true formula for growing the central government at the expense of home rule.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I would take the words of the killer to the police negotiators with a large grain of salt.
No argument. It ultimately comes down to the mental illness and focusing on the "last straw", if it even was that, glosses over the rest of the camel.

I'm glad to hear that it now appears to have been the work of just one shooter. I'm guessing echoes off buildings made them unsure if there were more. I saw fireworks in town the other night and was amazed at the odd sounds bouncing off nearby buildings.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I think deep down we all know the problem, but have no solution. But I think it's safe to say that more and bigger guns isn't it.
Dallas has been one of the better cities with police relations lately so this really puts a knot in my stomach that the racist bastard knew the police would be off guard to possible threats in an otherwise peaceful march. He picked a soft-target to murder cops in an effort on maximize pain, fear and terror to the protesters, police and public. Getting hit by a bomb was too nice for him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-shootings-but-the-results-may-surprise-you/

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Don't trade security for freedom. It's a trick. Giving up our local police forces for a federal police force will not make us more secure or free.
No, I'm not suggesting that. What I'm looking for are some good ideas. The rants don't fix anything. Unless you think we don't have a problem.:rolleyes:

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Reset the cause. Repeal the 17 amendment. This is what caused the federal power grab. There is no way to check 100 hobbyists.
The senate was to represent sovereign states. Now we have 100 thiefdoms. AND no sovereign state representation.

The states no longer have power to check the feds.

We didn't have any of this shit till the 17th.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Status
Not open for further replies.