The Ultimate Speed

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Speed of light limits us?

As a nice member here reminded me the other day. All that technology they are using is Old, old , OLD.
Surely if they were to use some new, BETTER technology. Perhaps digital in nature, then we would find
that we are not limited by such a speed limit.

I mean; vacuum tubes, and rheostats? Jeez grandpa, get with the times. Its the 21st century in these here interwebz!

:)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
And yet those laws of nature haven't changed. We have some new kinks in those laws, such as virtual particles, but the basics are still the basics.

I watched the video all the way through myself.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Speed of light limits us?

As a nice member here reminded me the other day. All that technology they are using is Old, old , OLD.
Surely if they were to use some new, BETTER technology. Perhaps digital in nature, then we would find
that we are not limited by such a speed limit.

I mean; vacuum tubes, and rheostats? Jeez grandpa, get with the times. Its the 21st century in these here interwebz!

:)
Technology and engineering is not physics. The physics at work here is as old as the known universe so we would need a new universe with different relativity physics for FTL travel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_relativity

I use the same basic principles that are seen in that old analog controlled Linac today to create and modify the atomic structure of solid-state devices in the latest digital controllers using a Linac very similar to it. The SR adjustments needed to synchronize phase and energy sections at 1mev are exactly the same today but instead of vacuum tubes, rheostats and slide-rules we use fancy digital computers connected to I/O devices that translate the calculations to the analog signals needed to control the beam.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
A classic and long lived mis-interpretation of experimental results. Even if you assume all of his assumptions clear thru the experiment.....His conclusion is elementary school reasoning. Just because the speed leveled off at HIS power level.....doesn't even come close to saying such a thing(that nothing can reach the speed of light). That is not science 50 years ago and it's not science today. A particle is a magnetic and electric device. When you try to push one with a magnetic or electric force, most of that force will go into angular momentum(spinning the particle) and not velocity. Perhaps by alternating the forcing electric and magnetic at the right phase.....we might prevent that. OR...use a different force.....perhaps gravity. Gravity is like a 3rd or 4th cousin to an attractive electric field, but much, much weaker. Maybe the barrier of a black hole is where the light barrier is broken.
Or accelerate something that has no charge. Although I don't know what that would be.
Again...to make such statements and conclusions, and to have that logic called science is a farce.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
I apologize for not using the sarcasm tags on my previous post. Seems I was taken literally.

and as for you BR-549, I hope you forgot that tag as well. I would shed an actual tear if you are serious.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
A classic and long lived mis-interpretation of experimental results. Even if you assume all of his assumptions clear thru the experiment.....His conclusion is elementary school reasoning. Just because the speed leveled off at HIS power level.....doesn't even come close to saying such a thing(that nothing can reach the speed of light).
Lets try that experiment with a little more power:
http://lhc-machine-outreach.web.cern.ch/lhc-machine-outreach/beam.htm

Elementary school reasoning? IS this a joke?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I apologize for not using the sarcasm tags on my previous post. Seems I was taken literally.

and as for you BR-549, I hope you forgot that tag as well. I would shed an actual tear if you are serious.
It's sometimes hard to tell when people are joking. :(

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
's alright.

just poking fun at a member who thought old tech was not used because it was old and therefore inferior. Truein some cases, but far from being a rule.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I am very serious. There are many such mis-interpretations.
Another classic example is the double slit experiments. But once you know what a particle is and what light really is........there is no mystery. There is no duality. All light is...is an exchange of torque between particles. There is no secret or mysterious information exchange....just a half twist.
The red shift of the universe is another. There is no anti gravity force that is flinging the universe apart. That’s a real whopper. “Cosmos” should be on the sci-fi channel. At the time when that light was emitted...gravity was much stronger....that caused all the red shift and that’s why you see it from the oldest and farthest away. The gravitational constant is not constant. In the beginning it decayed very quickly...it is decaying at a slow steady rate now. This is the cause of entropy and the expansion of the universe.
These mis-interpretations add up. This causes the clock to be off. Our universe is most likely less than a billion years old. There is a center and it is not too far from the Milky Way. Our planet is much younger.
Another.....the cosmic background radiation is the result of the decay of gravity. Gravity decaying is why we see what we see.
I could go on down any list you supply. And in the end....you would think I would say that everything can be explained with classical physics. Well.....it can not be explained with classical physics........because they screwed that up also......that’s why they invented quantum mechanics and relativity theories....to explain Maxwell’s in-accurate equations.
If you want to know the universe....you must study the equations of Weber. Then everything can be explained in a classical and stable manner. There is no randomness. There is no chaos. Everything has cause. Sometimes there is choice. There is no randomness. There is no chaos. Everything is very strictly ordered.
When you understand that existence and reality is a balance of charge, and that that balance is expressed in the electric and the magnetic force,........and is maintained with angular momentum, and how it is so perfect and so elegant, it will change your life.
It is very comforting to know what matter is and how and why it behaves the way it does. It is comforting to know that shortly in the future we will be able to build our own molecules and materials. There is a good possibility that we can travel faster than light.....or at least information can......I think later we can too. All without any magic.....just fundamental cause.
One of my greatest satisfactions is finally understanding what a radio wave is and how it truly works. I have studied antennas and wave propagation for many years using Maxwell’s equations and never could grasp it, as could any of you. DON’T believe me? Ask any of your friends or colleges what the physical process is for radio emission and absorption. Do they understand it? No they don’t. Do you understand it? No you don’t. No one knows the process. Very few know this knowledge. But once I understood where and how light comes from....it snapped into place. Throw those Maxwell’s equations away! There are no transverse alternating fields in a radio wave. The only thing transferred in a natural radio wave is a physical twist...a torque....angular momentum.
This knowledge will be un-accepted as long as the false religions of QM and GRT are worshiped. And until such conclusions from such experiments are seen for what they are.....kindergarten science.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I am very serious. There are many such mis-interpretations.
One of my greatest satisfactions is finally understanding what a radio wave is and how it truly works. I have studied antennas and wave propagation for many years using Maxwell’s equations and never could grasp it, as could any of you. DON’T believe me? Ask any of your friends or colleges what the physical process is for radio emission and absorption. Do they understand it? No they don’t. Do you understand it? No you don’t. No one knows the process. Very few know this knowledge. But once I understood where and how light comes from....it snapped into place. Throw those Maxwell’s equations away! There are no transverse alternating fields in a radio wave. The only thing transferred in a natural radio wave is a physical twist...a torque....angular momentum.
I hate to tell you this but most everyone understands that transverse alternating fields are a projection of harmonic motion that transmit changes in the state of the universe as angular momentum. There's no deep dark secret about wave equations and their solutions for light waves, matter waves or just about anything else. Most of the modern texts take a purely abstract mathematical view of the process that can obscure the relationship between particles and fields but there are several older texts that treat the subject in a geometric manner that's based more on the view that fields are physical and not just a way to describe the interaction between charged particles at a distance.

http://www.learner.org/courses/physics/unit/text.html?unit=2&secNum=3

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I don't know how many times I've heard it said and questioned it, but never "got it." - "what on earth does the speed of light have to do with the speed of electrons through a wire?" - NOW I get it. Thank you sir. I'm going to leave now, as I think my noob is showing.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
The only thing stopping a particle from achieving the speed of light is the distortion of field lines. If we could find a way to nullify or counteract this distortion, we would have free and fast travel. Why? Because charge does not need to be accelerated. Charge accelerates all by itself. If we can control distortion.......we should be able to travel millions of times the speed of light. The only power needed is to control distortion. All this charge and matter is just waiting to go. All a board!

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
The only thing stopping a particle from achieving the speed of light is the distortion of field lines. If we could find a way to nullify or counteract this distortion, we would have free and fast travel. Why? Because charge does not need to be accelerated. Charge accelerates all by itself. If we can control distortion.......we should be able to travel millions of times the speed of light. The only power needed is to control distortion. All this charge and matter is just waiting to go. All a board!
We could finally make it to the stars in that car.