The truth about Duracell rechargeables

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I use Sanyo eneloop NiMH batteriesfor anything that is important and have been for several years. I guess Sanyo eneloop was bought by Panasonic. That just shows how good they are. I haven't bought any in awhile. Maybe Duracell has caught up. Have you tried the eneloop?

John

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
no i havent tried.

PANASONIC is recommendable, yes I can agree to that

The circuit can sit idle for months. It needs a pushbutton kickstart o n the base

With two batteries, it actually quickly overheats when you hold the key.
But it can start up and produce 100 volts.

Attachments

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
I have been using Sanyo Eneloop baterys for a few years now & find them very reliable, & don't go flat siting around like other rechargeable batterys.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
2n3906

Its not specified for 100v!

And not to draw current out of the base...well ...into nothing. There could be Antenna!!

Its really the smallest Tesla coil like device that can be built so easily.
1.3v -> 70v
2.8v -> more than 100v

No parts! Just Transistor, 2n3906, and a choke. The coils are different than in the schematic. So the primary is 8 turns. It can light up power LED over the transistor, current is higher.

It can probably adapts its selfdrive to the load, so can deal with small LEDs too. They start to draw current from touching just one point from the foil or end of the choke.

Light up a little bit, in both directions. I think they dont recover immediately from changing, if the spike is nearly a sqaure wave? So they stay conductive.

Is that possible physically?

Would it:

1. increase efficiency of a feedback circuit
2. be not possible
3. Draw invisible dark matter energy and power itself forever?

I have expermented with high driving frequencies. Only the digital camera sees the small brightness variations. Its fooled. The human doesnt notice. Because its happening very fast.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
In my day (circa 1960's), we had very small Tesla coils to leak check our high-vacuum equipment that was made of glass. You only need the smallest of discharge. Maybe that would be a use for your device?

John

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
yes tasks like that are a perfect application for this circuit. It can start up green neon with 1 battery. cool eh?

In my day (circa 1960's), we had very small Tesla coils to leak check our high-vacuum equipment that was made of glass. You only need the smallest of discharge. Maybe that would be a use for your device?

John