the relation between schemathic and PCB

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by coco243, Sep 9, 2010.

1. coco243

Thread Starter Active Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Hi,

I work in Altium Designer, when I put the components in schemathic file, their footprints doesn't appear in PCB file too? I am wander why? I have to put them separately, in other design programms when the symbol is putted their footprint apear in PCB automaticaly?

Thx

2. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    The parts you are using should have 2 models. A PCB model and a schematic model.

If some of your parts are missing the PCB model it will not show up in the PCB view.

3. coco243

Sep 2, 2010
    They have two models, both have and PCP and schemathic model, one of them I made it myself, the problem is when I put them in project, if I put the schemathic symbol I think is normaly that the pcb symbol to be added automaticali in the PCB file too? Isn't that normaly, or I have to do that separatly, because I want to do the route of the PCB board.

Thx.

4. coco243

Sep 2, 2010
    Finaly I found the solution of this problem on a video tutorial, what I have to do is to use the function import, more specific in altium, from design menu- import changes from project function will ad all footprint from the schemathic project.