The Real Reason That Pot Won't Legal In The World

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Why are you so focused on treaty's? Ask an American Indian what they are worth. They are an agreement in principle, broken at whim by either side.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Why is it practically legal in CA and several other states? By practically I mean if the federal government wants to enforce this set of drug laws they have to do it themselves, the states are out of the business. We don't need to import pot, it is already the #1 cash crop in several states, all underground economy, and in some cases, above board using vending machines.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Why Is D.E.A. working In just about every country In the world.
Government money always comes with "extras". You take the money, you take the extras. DEA could be the extra that was negotiated with some funds.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Its not legal with the federal government,you guys look up why.
I have stated a case and references that Is Ignored.
This thread is hanging on by personal opinions not law.
The feds can enforce or relax on any law,Its up to the
attorney general and advisors,there has been many issues
lately.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Its not legal with the federal government,you guys look up why.
I have stated a case and references that Is Ignored.
This thread is hanging on by personal opinions not law.
The feds can enforce or relax on any law,Its up to the
attorney general and advisors,there has been many issues
lately.
What is the case you stated? So far all I gathered is something about a treaty. what is your point? We all know what the laws are, and what the truth is (and that the law and the truth are not the same) and some of us have expressed opinions about that, and about what we think the laws and the truths should be. I thought you were looking for opinions. What is the point of this thread if not for opinions?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You can smoke in public, on a docked boat, without legal ramifications in Amsterdam last I heard. I don't know about the other countries (but I believe it).

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands and British Columbia, Canada both have decriminalized(made legal) cannabis. Both countries signed the treaty(tready).
that would be a surprise to a lot of British Columbians. Illegal drug laws are federally administered in Canada so provinces don't have the ability to legalize. Canada does have a 'medicinal' allowance. The policing effort in Canada has a lot bigger fish to fry, so possession is often dismissed.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Decriminalized -For first time use In certain states,that different than out and out
use.The treaties stand in the way.I am not for use,as always it the treaties
world wide that prevent really free use The 1988 convention,no one has moved
the text to this thread for all to see.I listed the title early in this post.Some
one bring the information to the thread. The European Parliament,as regards
the 1988 convention,when debated..It was deemed not amendable.
Bring me down with dates and facts,they have tried to amend the treaties.
A little searching will bring you some facts and efforts to amend.I am not for pot,
this post has been about conventions and treaties on the subject world wide.
I need to spend more time on the Black Eyed Peas,which I do with there music.

Last edited:

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Though the drug is illegal in Canada (with exceptions for medical uses), its recreational use is often tolerated and is more commonplace in the province of BC as compared to most of the rest of the country.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_British_Columbia#cite_note-uvic-0
I don't know how this supports your previous post. Having lived in BC for many years and still frequent often, I can tell you that possession is illegal. The vast majority of 'commercialized' pot in BC is hydroponically cultivated indoors, a process which is now common across most provinces