The pets of AAC...

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I didn't see the video, so I'm not sure how he training for his dog, but the videos what I watched are all attack the hand of whom play the bad guy, to protect and defend let me think about the dog barking and scare the people who it want to scare.
I really wish I could understand you.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
My dog is a pit/lab mix. Got him at SPCA about a year ago when I badly needed a friend. He is 6. I could not have asked for a better dog! Smart, friendly. Curious. Crazy sniffer. Loves everyone. Lacking in obedience a bit, trying ro work on it, but he is not a puppy.

Monday he got attacked by an Aeirdale. I broke my middle finger getting them apart

Attachments

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
...I could not have asked for a better dog!...
Yet, you do:

Lacking in obedience a bit, trying [to] work on it...
:D

Monday he got attacked by an Aeirdale. I broke my middle finger getting them apart
Don't get into the middle of a dog fight! It is too easy to get badly injured.

Grab the largest and/or most aggressive dog by the hind legs and pull him away from the fight. As he turns to bite you, pivot and position your body so that you stay behind him. The 'victim' dog will usually escape at this point (or begin his own attack -- don't let go: keep the dog you got in between you and the other).

Hopefully, at some point the dogs stop fighting and you can leash and secure the dog you got. Or, hopefully there is someone with you who can get control of the second dog.

I've stopped numerous fights between large shepherds this way. Neither I, or any of the dogs, have ever been injured.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
lol, thanks for the advise. Hopefully I will not have to follow. I was expecting the woman who was next to me to grab the attacking dog as mine was on a leash. I should have let go of the leash and done what you describe. The other dog ran away eventually though as it was loosing the fight. No dogs harmed, just my finger. Its our one year anniversary :)

Oh, just because he is lacking on obedience, doesnt mean I wish for a better dog. After all, I lack in obedience also...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bertus Off-Topic 39