The pets of AAC...

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Here's my two boys from that airplane all growed up.

We also have Sweetie Girl (who is actually a girl but not very sweet) and Bandit. All gray cats and all rescued either wholesale (right off the street) or retail (through a shelter). And a rescue bunny too, also gray.

The common color seems suspicious.

Attachments

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I want a Jack Russel Terrier or an Irish wolfhound.
We had a Jack Russel Terrier years ago... She was about 25 lbs. of pure attitude !!
I have a little Jack Russell, he'll be 2 years in October. He's a little pest, but he's taking to the training fairly well--just very slowly. Finally got him to stop urinating and defecating in the middle of the kitchen floor (for the most part). He still tends to bite me, or at least try. Working on stopping that now. I'm taking him camping with my fiancee and me this weekend, hoping he can be introduced to some of the other people at the campground (lots of family going too).

When cats achieve working thumbs, we are in for trouble! :D

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I have a little Jack Russell, he'll be 2 years in October. He's a little pest, but he's taking to the training fairly well--just very slowly. Finally got him to stop urinating and defecating in the middle of the kitchen floor (for the most part). He still tends to bite me, or at least try. Working on stopping that now. I'm taking him camping with my fiancee and me this weekend, hoping he can be introduced to some of the other people at the campground (lots of family going too).

Jack Russell's have a lot of energy that needs to be burned off. They could probably spend all day retrieving a ball or catching Frisbees and they would still be able to go on a long walk uphills for another 2 hrs. It's the Terrier inside that Genetically part of their demeanor.

Socializing helps a lot; my American Pit Bull or ( American Staffordshire Terrier) loves being around other dogs. It's just the random dog that comes in the yard she has issues with; even then she most likely wouldn't engage them unless they actually sink their teeth in her.

She will just post herself without moving and let them sniff but; they also need to allow her the same kindness if she so desires.

kv

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Jack Russell's have a lot of energy that needs to be burned off. They could probably spend all day retrieving a ball or catching Frisbees and they would still be able to go on a long walk uphills for another 2 hrs. It's the Terrier inside that Genetically part of their demeanor.
You couldn't be more right. Milo (my Jack) has a LOT of energy, and we have played with him outside, taken him for walks, tossed him tennis balls, etc and he still ends up tearing around the house wreaking all sorts of havoc. :p

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Just listening you guys talk makes me wish I had a Jack Russell's genes in me...
Excess energy is something that I could put to good use in the next few months.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Ok folks, here we go!

First we have Louie, whom I inherited from a family member when they were caught with him in their apartment (the landlords didn't allow pets). This cat is very loving and friendly, but when he wants to be alone he makes it very clear.
1500957_711551318856769_1497289117_o.jpg

Then we have Blackfoot. I had blackfoot for almost 14 years, until he disappeared this past winter. I'm afraid a fox may have found him :( He was a great cat, and is sorely missed.
1656167_734565639888670_1018999348_n.jpg
(The gray is just dirt--he was rolling in my driveway soon before the photo was taken)

Next is Artemus, who I had for about 5 or 6 years before he, too, vanished. It is very risky to have outdoor cats when you live in the middle of nowhere. However, I think his disappearance may have been due to my stupid neighbors and their dogs.
10392261_103087816369792_852064_n.jpg

Bob, the Western Painted turtle, famous for his "'57 Chevy" pose, in which he puts both feet straight out behind him and turns them 90 degrees, mimicking the tail fins of a '57 Chevrolet:
10392261_103087819703125_4406369_n.jpg

My two Siamese--

Yum Yum, the female (spoiled little girl, but very friendly and adoring):
10392261_103087846369789_3480069_n.jpg

Koko, the male (always friendly and adoring, and VERY intelligent):
10392261_103087849703122_5012610_n.jpg

And finally, there's Milo, my 1 1/2 year old Jack (belongs to my Fiancee):
11072857_999120330099865_8538649984676527188_n.jpg
He's a little brat, very spirited, and will purposely do things he knows you hate out of spite (i.e. urinating or defecating in the middle of the kitchen floor). Finally started crate-training him a few weeks ago, and so far he is doing fairly well.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Ok folks, here we go!

First we have Louie, whom I inherited from a family member when they were caught with him in their apartment (the landlords didn't allow pets). This cat is very loving and friendly, but when he wants to be alone he makes it very clear.
View attachment 86049

Then we have Blackfoot. I had blackfoot for almost 14 years, until he disappeared this past winter. I'm afraid a fox may have found him :( He was a great cat, and is sorely missed.
View attachment 86050
(The gray is just dirt--he was rolling in my driveway soon before the photo was taken)

Next is Artemus, who I had for about 5 or 6 years before he, too, vanished. It is very risky to have outdoor cats when you live in the middle of nowhere. However, I think his disappearance may have been due to my stupid neighbors and their dogs.
View attachment 86051

Bob, the Western Painted turtle, famous for his "'57 Chevy" pose, in which he puts both feet straight out behind him and turns them 90 degrees, mimicking the tail fins of a '57 Chevrolet:
View attachment 86052

My two Siamese--

Yum Yum, the female (spoiled little girl, but very friendly and adoring):
View attachment 86053

Koko, the male (always friendly and adoring, and VERY intelligent):
View attachment 86054

And finally, there's Milo, my 1 1/2 year old Jack (belongs to my Fiancee):
View attachment 86055
He's a little brat, very spirited, and will purposely do things he knows you hate out of spite (i.e. urinating or defecating in the middle of the kitchen floor). Finally started crate-training him a few weeks ago, and so far he is doing fairly well.
Nices pics and stories... thanks for sharing. I've always thought that cats "disappear" because they very seldom die at home, even when they're not the victims of (higher) predators or unfortunate accidents. Maybe something calls them into the wild when they know it's time to leave this life...

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Three weeks old today. Hatched in my home made Omaha Steaks shipping container incubator with the temperature controlled by my home-made op-amp/thermistor thermostat and the eggs turned every six hours by my home-made PICAXE-controlled stepper motor egg turner. (I didn't lay the eggs, but I did collect them from the home-made nest boxes in my my home-made coop.) :)

Marans Chicks 23 May 2015 (lo res).jpg

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bertus Off-Topic 39