The pets of AAC...

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I have some pictures of my ants on instagram,

some months ago I made a channel more narrowed to a specific topic.

Its greenplanetrevolution

There will be new activity on google+ grow your own plants

Currently Im starting up cactus seeds completely relying on LED chip lamp.
So I can give proof the seeds do work and they are still fresh.

Actually im more worrying about my ants not surviving than myself ending up on the streets with nothing.

Ive researched them for almost two years, and observed their behaviour.

Even small insects seem to have wishes, hopes, memories, and sensations.
Skinners theory (animal instincts) seem to be not valid to me.

Probably all forms of live are one single consciousness, with no seperation between humans and others.
Just insects, their horizon is much much smaller, they dont use technology.
Like small children.

When they notice a change in their environment they would do something.
Like too many gnats, the ants started chasing and hunting them down.

There is no proof humans would be different or seperate from the rest of life.
So an insect would have the same self perception, memory, feelings and sensations, wishes, perhaps dreams.
Just no technology, no spoken language or writing.

When I step on slugs or snails in the night when grass is wet, they dont seem to enjoy the dying at all. I try not to do it since theres no use of it.

Name it, you could play with spiders, they readily run on the hand and drop from a rope a little.

They are quite interesting, sitting there the most of the time and do nothing.
A very efficient small machine, capable to climb, drop down, walk upside down or even hang in a web upside down,
and to hunt prey and kill it with potent toxin.

They are like the equivalent of black holes- ultimative death. Just sit there do nothing most of the time, and kill...

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
I had a Great Dane:
View attachment 82085
View attachment 82088
She liked to sit in her chair and see out the window. She also liked to sleep in my bed.
View attachment 82086

And at the same time I had two cats. Mother and daughter:
View attachment 82087

Unfortunately, they are all gone now, and we're talking about getting a new dog. I want a Jack Russel Terrier or an Irish wolfhound.
My oldest son has 2 Irish wolfhounds. Nice dogs, but I understand they don't live long.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
How to train a cat? The best method I have found is: Do nothing.
I completely ignore the cat, rather than try to influence it. Cats seem to like being ignored much more than someone trying to influence their behavior. They come toward me eventually, and I invested nothing to train them.
Now I have at least 5 cats which I have never fed and never let in the house.:confused:
They have established Cat Headquarters under my car and at least one seems to be on duty at all times.:D

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Sometimes I just don't know how I do it. :(
Saw a baby tarantula on the patio and showed my wife.
$100 later we have this:
upload_2016-9-22_19-43-12.png

PS. Looking for a name now. :D

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Harry Pot Dweller?
Makes me wonder if thats how the movie and "Harry Potter" got the name? which had nothing to do with a Tarantula or a pot.

About 30 years ago we receive a gift from the next door neighbor, she works near the mountains and captured a Tarantula. Since we couldn't have pets in our apartments, we kept it in a fish tank, it was never was out of the tank, it was so wild, it looked like that one, I also found they use their hind legs to flick fur as a defensive action when disturbed.

Plus, there is a Tarantula Hawk.

Here is the goal of the Tarantula Hawk .......

kv

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Makes me wonder if that's how the movie and "Harry Potter" got the name? which had nothing to do with a Tarantula or a pot.
Probably an attempt at a very plain and ordinary name (in England). In that place, a lot of surnames come from your grandfather's work, like Smith, Baker, Potter. When you see the other names in those books, you know it was an attempt to look ordinary. Examples: Rasteban, Bellatrix, Adolphus

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Few people over 7feet live much beyond 60-yeas old.
The way I heard it, it's about the vertical load on the heart.
I'm sure other things factor in, but the load on the heart is directly related to height and inescapable in the math about pressure on the other organs, especially the kidneys.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bertus Off-Topic 39