The odds of this being a 'inside' job

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
http://abcnews.go.com/US/gold-rush-armed-robbers-steal-4m-gold-truck/story?id=29328927
Two armed security security guards told police they were traveling from Miami to Attleboro, Massachusetts along I-95 and pulled over in eastern North Carolina after experiencing mechanical problems, according to the Wilson County Sheriff's Office.

The pair was approached by three armed men driving a white van who ordered the men onto the ground, tied their hands behind their backs and made them walk into the woods, police said.

During that time, the suspects allegedly took gold and silver estimated to be worth more than $4,000,000, police said.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I would put the odds of an inside job as approaching unity.

Deserted stretch of I95 coincident with engine trouble sufficient to stop the vehicle? Occam's razor would cut this into pieces.

I call shenanigans.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I would put the odds of an inside job as approaching unity.

Deserted stretch of I95 coincident with engine trouble sufficient to stop the vehicle? Occam's razor would cut this into pieces.

I call shenanigans.
Not necessarily. Everything you read on the internet is true, right? So the thieves hacked into the onboard computer of the gold truck and force it to stop right at a deserted location, all while doing 60 mph. The rest is easy!

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
Armored car robberies are an inside job often enough that the guards are required by their employer to submit to polygraph tests on demand as a condition of employment.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Armored car robberies are an inside job often enough that the guards are required by their employer to submit to polygraph tests on demand as a condition of employment.
Yeah, that was the deal breaker on that job, that and the urine testing all the time. Never did understand their logic so I hired on with the White House. :)

Ron

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I once work for a company that used series of verbal questions to weed out poor candidates:

1. Do you take any illegal or dangerous drugs?
2. Do you have any on your person right now?
3. Will you share some with me?

If you answered "yes" to all three questions we would give you a job.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I once work for a company that used series of verbal questions to weed out poor candidates:

1. Do you take any illegal or dangerous drugs?
2. Do you have any on your person right now?
3. Will you share some with me?

If you answered "yes" to all three questions we would give you a job.
What ever happened to that era? Can the way-back machine take me there?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
http://abc11.com/news/detectives-suspect-inside-job-in-gold-heist/543895/
WILSON, N.C. (WTVD) --
Search warrants obtained by ABC11 show that detectives suspected an inside job in the robbery of $4.8 million worth of gold from a truck along I-95 Sunday.

It was originally reported that guards working for Transvalue Inc. of Miami said they pulled off to the side of the interstate about 6:30 p.m. after their vehicle began having mechanical problems.

But the warrants made public Wednesday show a passenger in the truck said he was feeling sick and requested the truck pull over so he could vomit.
Woodard says the truck was checked out by a mechanic who did not find anything wrong.