The Obligatory Coding on Guinness Thread

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Ok...done with my fourth Guinness now. The .asm code on my screen is starting to get blurry (not actually blurry, but the characters seem to be repeating themselves -- I'll have to check the keyboard repeat time in my laptop configuration...). At some point, I should invest in a spell checker for my IDE...

I have an overwhelming desire to jump into the Win10 thread, but I know that will cause @#12 to be overly, and unnecessarily, concerned about my mental health (Note to @#12: I lost my mental health the day before I proposed to my wife of 23 years... j/k...). So I cannot go there...

Anyone doing anything fun tonight besides me?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
BTW, Guinness in a bottle (all that seems available at Publix these day) sucks. Cans give much better head. Let your girlfriends know.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Did I mention the mint julep? :p
Right. Right. Mint Julep, Person of Interest. I didn't read between the lines the first time. Even if the Hawks were playing in Game 7 of the finals, your wife would still have the remote in her hand. Sorry, buddy.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Just poured a Laguvulin 16yr. Islay single malt after verifying that some I2C, SPI and kernel code are playing well together. I was puzzling over some gaps in the SPI clocking when I checked and realized that I2C comms were going on and had a higher priority. Doing what it's supposed to do. And yes, its 18F assembler. But unlike @joeyd999 , my line-to-bug ratio goes south quickly when 'enjoying' so I don't get the pleasure until things are working...
You guys have a great evening.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
BTW, I just got an award for five (!) years on AAC.

Not that you guys have been so helpful. But, then again, neither have I...