The Mind Portal and Electronics

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009
Thank you Bill for you suggestion and insight. I appreciate your aim at keeping this thread from taking a nose dive in the paranormal direction...which would be off topic. I am curious about these experiments, perhaps you can PM me the details. Based on some of the experiences I've had, I would like to see it is possible to authenticate and understand the true nature of them (my experiences, that is). They have made me into a strong believer, and I would like to for my own curious mind settle as much as I can, if I am mistaken I want to know.

I'll keep your idea in mind; precision is very important, and gets even more important when the wheel's RPM increases! The slightest unbalancing of a spinning object can result in nasty amounts of torque, loss of spinning kinetic energy, and loss of time.

Also, the future can swiftly change my circumstances, there is no certainty about it which works both ways...good or bad. I am going to begin an experiment in the next few days that I have been preparing for for some time (gathering and putting together the parts needed). Shortly after beginning this experiment I'll better know how much time and energy it actually takes, and I'll be able to assess how much time and energy I can give for other experiments as well. Resources will naturally play an important part, but if I am correct a stepping motor is affordable. I'll take a look at some of the models and start formulating means as to how they can be applied (based directly from the models themselves).

Thanks again!

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009
Oh it's ESP I thought it was a time machine.
We can discuss what it is anywhere else, what it is is not important to this thread. What is important to this thread is how to use electronic devices to make wheels spin, in this case large boards...as well as how to make them spin fast. Anything else concerned with applying electronics to a spinning wheel is of great interest, such as attaching magnets and adding copper wires to generate small amounts of electricity, considering which molecules give what reactions in spin, how some electronic devices handle when spinning (such as computer hardware), and the likes.

This is a spinning wheel we are talking about, it is not ESP, it is not a time machine, I am not concerning this so much with the time map (and I can call it that...because any calendar is a sort of time map) that can be fixed to the wheel and won't be including that unless and until it applies directly to the electronics involved. Let's not start a guessing game about what this is, to give a very basic explanation it is composed of two parts at least (if not more...which is a possibility).

The first part is a wheel that spins, and there are many different types of wheels that spin, many using electronic motors, and much of electronics itself is closely linked to spin...need I remind one of the most basic ways of generating electricity or in reverse...making a basic electronic motor. The wheel in this case is specialized for the second part, and this does not limit the many possible models for the wheel in any way.

The second part is the time map. This is basically a map for recording time and what happened in time, so it is easier to analyze time and look for patterns. There are no rules as to what gets recorded and the map can easily be used outside of the function of a time map as well.

The combination of these two is unexplored by the masses. I can honestly pardon myself from those masses, and speak as someone who has worked closely with the combination. That doesn't mean I am automatically correct, but it gives some sort of insight for others to build opinion upon. Sorta like drinking beer. If you have done this and a child who hasn't asked you about it, you would likely try to explain it to them as best as you could, perhaps your explanation wouldn't be correct, perhaps it would, regardless the child would have some sort of idea. What these two parts combine into I cannot say, I do not entirely know, and I have no proof other then my own experiences that something is indeed happening. My aim is to find out what, if I speculate along the way so be it.

Narrowing this thread down to the first part, the wheel is the purpose of this thread. By now I think this will be very clear to most readers, I needn't repeat myself or reiterate this anymore. It's late, I'm tired, so...;)...I'll catch up soon!

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009
Today's word is Bafflegab
baf⋅fle⋅gab

 /ˈbæf
əlˌgæb/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [baf-uh
l-gab]
–noun Slang. confusing or generally unintelligible jargon; gobbledegook: an insurance policy written in bafflegab impenetrable to a lay person

You've made yourself clear twice now as you repeat yourself. I am going to politely ask you to stop derailing this thread by repeating yourself using different word combinations (it's getting childish). It would be a good sign of character if you did stop, showing that you are capable of respecting other people's space and ideas. If you continue to derail this thread by repeating yourself, I will seek to have it moderated and removed. I am not in any of your threads making a nuisance of myself, so I kindly ask you do the same.

Off course, anything that is ON TOPIC is welcome, and the topic has been clearly established again and again. There is nothing about electronic motors being used for spinning wheels that is bafflegab. Your referring to ideas portrayed elsewhere, so please go to these other places and express your opinions there and stay ON TOPIC here.

Thank You

Last edited:

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009
Jozen you didn't come here for help with electronics, you came to spout your brand of pseudoscience & techno-babble...

You'd make a lousy moderator, thank god your not one. A good moderator is not so easily persuaded by childish and mistaken injections, they look at the entire thread, the conduct, and the composure of the members before making decisions about what to do.

Your claim is not true, your projecting and painting a false image. If you could read my mind, which you can't, you'd know this. You don't know my intentions for being here, your presumption mistaken. That you bring in bits from other places, you are the one who is introducing the other aspects I've looked into, not me. This will be clear to anyone who reads this thread from the beginning to this point.

If your claim was true then I ought to be removed, but since it is false I will contend it. Since you didn't repeat yourself entirely this time I won't seek to have your post admitted, instead I will respond to it so other people have a chance of knowing my intention and why I am here.

Now that you've expressed yourself, there is little for you to add...unless you have any ideas. Given that you have managed to confuse the main topic with your injected sub-topic (why I am here) any further comment from you is likely only an attempt to derail the thread from the main focus. I am seeing this beginning to happen, as before you arrived most of the posters have stayed on topic, now this seems to invite more digressive postings. It also creates more work for the reader to stay on topic. Please be considerate and quite projecting your sinister views about my intentions. This is a rude thing to do!

To avoid leaving this topic off at that, I'll reiterate the topic once again...it is for brain storming for ideas about possible configurations about how to make a wheel spin or how electronics can be applied in other ways to the wheel. That is the topic, if your cannot stay on the topic and instead want to turn the topic into why I am here or what this is, I ask you do so in another thread with the appropriate name and we can discuss that there, where it is on topic...though I may choose not to lose time participating...

Please stay on topic.

Thank you!

Last edited:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The OP's request to stay on topic is quite in keeping with his interest. Moreover, his request for a motor application is quite reasonable.

He is not seeking converts, money, or impossible circuits. The effects of the rotating pattern are debatable, but that is not the issue.

Members are urged to be helpful or to behave themselves. The information posted has been to answer questions.

Last edited:

boriz

Joined Jul 16, 2009
"...alternative means of connection to energy and the mind. If you are on this forum I imaging this won't be too difficult a question to answer. This thing will give you new perspective abilities, you will literally see energy, feel energy, hear and sense energy as never before. It will amplify and enhance your senses. You will dream more frequently and vividly. Oh yeah...it will develop your PSI abilities with warp speed, faster then you can imagine..."

Ah. Now I understand. You look at a spinning disk and 'see energy'. Yep. A stepper motor. Definitely. *rolls eyes*

wr8y

Joined Sep 16, 2008

Hello,

I have developed a spiral calendar time map simply called the mind portal, which is a mind tool used for gaining information and insight into the selected subject by which it measures. This development is currently in its earlier phase, as the map being used is at the moment paper. In order to give an overall view of what this is, I’ve been focusing on the different angles by which to approach the inquiry.

How does this tie into electronics?
It doesn't. This has to do with the paranormal, not electronics.

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009
"...alternative means of ... ... can imagine..."

Ah. Now I understand. You look at a spinning disk and 'see energy'. Yep. A stepper motor. ...
Different topic...different place. Your choice of quote is off topic. However, since YOU (not I) decided to dig that up from another thread located elsewhere I will say that those are some of my initial impressions and observations. Some of them I find difficult to verify myself, so I'd call them impressions. A few of them are flat out observations, including seeing energy or at least observing lasting effects to the eyes, having senses amplified (especially smell...which is something that ought to be easy to experiment for to obtain data on...), and dreaming more frequently and vividly.

Regarding the seeing of energy (what is most striking about this is that it commonly has been observed coming from people's heads...making me even more curious to figure out what is happening), much of it occurred while NOT viewing the spinning patterns (without the patterns not much happens) and later on afterwards. I am not alone in observing this, and knowing that I could be mistaken about my speculations I seek to verify and know what happened to my sense of sight, thus I am performing experiments to find out more.

I won't be debating this here in this thread, that would only digress. If you are going to quote me again, please make sure that the quote chosen is on topic. Thank You.

It doesn't. This has to do with the paranormal, not electronics.
Your attempting to moderate, quoting my opening post a little...then interrupting it to interject your own opinion, without letting the entire post stand on it's own. The problem is...the entire quote still stands on its own...it's the opening. If anyone reads it then your interject is by now far to late to yield much, with exceptions to any possible readers who skip through to the end (I've done this myself from time to time...thus I am quite familiar with skipping to the end).

Another problem with your attempt to moderate is that you are not addressing the issue at hand, your attempting to change the subject into what you think it is or what you are incapable of steering clear of, due to outer affiliations. Your opinion doesn't change the topic, it is an attempt to derail it, it contributes nothing to the topic, so I am now asking you to leave it at that and respect my liberty, if not my ideas. To do otherwise would be uncivil and disrespectful. This is not going to turn into a debate about what this topic is here in these forums, this is getting repetitive, and this only makes more work for other readers.

Since you apparently missed what the moderator had to say I will quote him to kindly remind you. If you or anyone posts anything else that is off topic at this point I will ask that your post is removed. Here is what the moderator wrote:

The OP's request to stay on topic is quite in keeping with his interest. Moreover, his request for a motor application is quite reasonable.

He is not seeking converts, money, or impossible circuits. The effects of the rotating pattern are debatable, but that is not the issue.

Members are urged to be helpful or to behave themselves. The information posted has been to answer questions.
Thanks again beenthere!

Now, getting back to the topic:

Just a suggestion, define what the RPM range you are looking for?

There are a lot of sources if you research it, but you have to have some definitions.

For example,
http://www.bgmicro.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=9401
Looking at the motor in the link you provided, I am astonished at the price, which is easily affordable and manageable. 240 RPM is roughly two and a half times the speed I can get by hand. Using a bike I can peddle up to approximately 400 RPM if my estimates are correctly, but there are some problems with the bike, the arms that hold the wheel get in the way and the wheel is too small (for myself...but a smaller size can be used in other cases...).

I would like to start out with RPMs anywhere between 1000 and 2000 (roughly what a typical house fan kicks out), though if I can get even 240 that is something to consider working with, I've noted affects with RPMs of lesser value. I've pondered RPMs as high as 80,000 but I am a long ways away from purchasing turbine prop engines...lol. I think 1000 to 2000 should be affordable, but a typical house fan will break down for reasons previously noted, so I need something that is more heavy duty. Looking at the dimensions of the model in the above link, I am doubtful such a small engine would hold the weight of a 3 foot diameter board in spin, or handle picking up the spin in the first place. I am speaking candidly from experience, but I could be wrong.

In order to use the cooling fan I had to emit using any sort of board altogether, and just the 3 foot diameter paper alone was enough to wear the engine out. Thus, if I used a heavier board the problem would only get worse, so I'd be using the lightest board possible to fix the paper to.

That device however, might be very useful for the experiment I am conducting, since the pattern to be rotated in this experiment is smaller then what I'd use for myself. Since it is late and I am tired I'll have to sit down and carefully consider this more in the near future (most likely the next day or two).

To give a clearly defined range at this time I'd say anywhere between 600 to 2000 RPM is what I am looking for, since anything higher then that starts to get very expensive.

Thanks for the link, I'm going to be looking at what else is there as well!

:)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
How heavy is this board, a simply toy motor can do that. You may need to mount it into a firm stand with a bearing to support the load, but a small motor will work. Generally with motors they go too fast, and have to be slowed down. A simple PWM circuit can vary the speed.

I like to help folks, I don't buy into your theories, but the technical stuff is relatively easy, and it's your time and money.

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009
I'll give an estimate briefly before getting some sleep. The weight of the boards I used on the first wheel I built were thick and heavy, probably weighing around 10 pounds (a guess).

The board I'd use for the motor would be much thiner and lighter, probably about 1-3 pounds.

Something to keep in mind is how leverage effects weight. In architecture (which I have a diploma in) when programing the statistics for beams and joists that are functioning as a cantilever with weight at the end, that additional weight adds stress to the fixed part of the beam at the other end as a multiple of the weight times the distant it hangs out, which can add up very quickly. I'm not sure how much this rule of leverage applies to a wheel that is fixed to a pivot, before it spins I'd imagine there is some leverage (since it is resting sideways the weight isn't perfectly distributed as it would be if the board were facing up) and as it spins torque is increased. Just a thought, your probably already aware of this. I better get some sleep now, I'll return tomorrow to follow up on this thread!

Thanks again!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
That's why I was talking bearings, use them to be the load bearing members, and don't use the motor to hold the weight. You don't need much in the way of torque, especially if it doen't matter how fast it spins up.

boriz

Joined Jul 16, 2009
“Regarding the seeing of energy (what is most striking about this is that it commonly has been observed coming from people's heads...making me even more curious to figure out what is happening), much of it occurred while NOT viewing the spinning patte

Any grown up with a diploma in architecture should easily be able to procure an electric motor for himself, without needing to spread lunacy across several different forums. You could have said you needed a motor to spin a disk, or an object, or something so-big and so-heavy. But instead, you use your post to evangelise, at length, this mind portal twaddle. And then you accuse US of being off topic?

After careful study of your posts, much of which is almost unintelligible, the only vaguely on topic question you seem to have asked is ‘how can electronics be applied to my mind portal thing’. You could easily ask the same question on any forum on any topic ... ‘how can ice-cream be applied’, ‘how can blonde wigs be applied’, etc. Personally, I’m convinced you’re not here for answers, you’re here to ‘spread the word’ and seek support for your crackpot ideas.

This is an electronics forum and if you have an electronics question, ask it. And (if you can) ask it without reference to any mad theories you might have about the effect of spinning patterns on anything at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I might suggest that the OP stay focused on a means of spinning a disk. The patterns thereon and the purported effects thereof are obviously taking this thread off topic.

This works both ways - we hear no more about effects and he hears more about controlling the speed of a spinning disc.

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009

... You could have said you needed a motor to spin a disk, or an object, or something so-big and so-heavy. But instead, you use your post to evangelise, at length, this mind portal twaddle. And then you accuse US of being off topic?
The poster obviously did not take time to read the thread through, otherwise they would have caught the moderator's view and take, which is accurate.

I prefer to give some sort of background, to help build the thread in the right direction over time. I am not going to cater to the whims of a few who find themselves disturbed by my ideas or studies.

US and YOU...this poster has only been here for a short time and is making references as if there are two groups, there is simply those who are here and those who aren't. Drawing lines to separate using words like US and YOU doesn't change this. The poster does not represent the whole of every individual that is here and cannot think for anyone other then them self.

...Personally, I’m convinced you’re not here for answers, you’re here to ‘spread the word’ and seek support for your crackpot ideas.
I am not concerned with the poster's personal views, nor am I concerned if anyone agrees with my personal views or not. I am allowed to speak of my views where they are relevant or where there is a relationship of relevance.

My original plan was to open 300 threads, 200 to spread the word as the poster says and another 100 to retrieve insight focused into particular topics, to explore the relationships and prod to check if there are any and to what extent they have potential for and what direction they might take. This is not one of those 200 spread the word threads, it is one of the 100 relationship review threads. I didn't expect to find support other then ideas and advice here regarding the electronic applications, nor do I now.

If the poster was correct I would not hesitate to say so, and in other places, yes, that is what I am doing. I am acting on what I believe is the right course of action, I feel and believe that it would be a betrayal to not at least try to bring this to the attention of others after what has been observed, even if my evaluation of the observed is incorrect. My aim is simply to understand what is happening, check to see if it can be applied to one's benefit, and then, if so, develop on what is known.

I prefer this thread stay focused on the electronics and not a debate about why I am here. By now it should be obvious to any who read the thread through as I have already stated this enough times by now.

I continue to sort my believes from fact, I make mistakes because I am human, I also have feelings and have invested a good deal of time into this research. If some of my ideas are false I will try to find the proof that convinces me of this.

There is no need to be so bitterly offensive when trying to point out the errors of one's views to them or to others, to do so is one of the most ineffective means possible. I will not directly speak to this poster until there is an apology, I am under no obligation to speak with those who insult me.

... And (if you can) ask it without reference to any mad theories you might have about the effect of spinning patterns on anything at all.
I wrote one theory to date, it is technically a real theory, following all the formalities of what a theory requires. It has nothing to do with the paranormal at all.

I will not abide by the poster's request here. It is not accurate, because I have not provided that theory here, the reference I have provided here is quite minimal, enough so that one can get a better idea of why I am here and what this is about. I will not dodge and hide in shadows. This is not my way.

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009
That's why I was talking bearings, use them to be the load bearing members, and don't use the motor to hold the weight. You don't need much in the way of torque, especially if it doen't matter how fast it spins up.
I didn't think of this until you pointed it out just now, but when I consider what you are saying it becomes quite clear that the bearings can prevent the motor from dealing with the stress caused by the wheel's leverage. I don't live far from two companies that specialize in producing bearings, one for bicycles and the other for cars. I even worked at the one that specializes for car bearing for a short time (covering other people's vocations and making some nice money in the process).

There is a big difference between these two bearings, the ones for cars have no balls, they use metal that has been treating with a huge machine that hits them with ions to change their qualities and then the bearing is coated with oil so that when it is in the engine it can handle high speeds without failing. The other that uses balls doesn't need to be processed so carefully.

I am getting an image of how to set this up so it works! The question in my mind remaining is which one to use, which one will prevent heat build up which can reduce metallic hardness to butter. The more weight that is placed on the bearings, the more heat build up there will be, though if the wheel is only rotating between 1000 and 2000 times per a minute, will that be enough to heat them, and if so how fast. Off the top of my head I am guessing that the ball bearings will be enough and hold long enough that it shouldn't be a concern, the car bearings are build for holding up under stressful conditions for a long time.

I really need to get a good mechanical engineering book that I can learn from, so I can calculate this in advance. The engineering books I have deal with architectural structures and not mechanical systems. Also, since there is a good deal of electronics calculation also involved I think its high time I start brushing up on my understanding...to the point where I can perform functional calculations for this purpose.

Knowing the size of the wheel and the approximate weight, along with the speed of rotation to be used, which of these two bearings would you say is preferable. I don't want to spend a lot of time building this only to have it fail because of some oversight.

Also, thank you, you are certainly a great help. I have said many things, many which are fantastic and unbelievable, but they are mixed up with many other views that are far more modest. The only theory I wrote to date, as I stated earlier, has nothing at all to do with the paranormal and doesn't even begin to go in that direction. Where I have made such comments, they fall in the range of either over aroused imagination or wild speculations, though theories not.

The theory I wrote is in the process of being tested with great care, I will be recording the evidence so that it can be displayed objectively and thus evaluated aside from my wild and fantastic speculations and strange ideas. Many of our greatest thinkers, such as Einstein, had beliefs that were religious and had little to do with the science if at all. Newton wrote more about spirits then he did physics, though this isn't general knowledge it is researchable and can be verified. If these two were dismissed so casually as crackpots where would we be today...I don't want to know.

I hope to unravel some very interesting evidence over the years to come. Right or wrong I am very passionate and excited about my research, and appreciate the guidance and help from those who are sincere about giving it. Thanks again!

:)

Last edited: