The Messy Minds of Creative People...

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
The only reason I have a, "neat and tidy" is that I can't get anything done if I can't find my tools.
I'm not neat and tidy (so much so that I am not sharing a picture of my workshop). But I know exactly where every tool is. Common tools are always on top of the storage cabinets. Lesser used tools are in groups, based loosely on function or project last used. When I need a tool, I close my eyes, 'see' exactly where it is and go get it. Works almost every time, but once I don't find it where I visualized, one more attempt let's me 'see' where it is. This minor confusion arises when a tool has been characterized by time over function or vice versa. The entire process takes longer to describe than it does to retrieve my tool.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
The only reason I have a, "neat and tidy" is that I can't get anything done if I can't find my tools.

:(:mad::D:eek::rolleyes:

Pick one, depending on how you feel today.
The only reason I junk the home table / bench looks the way it does. It's to show my wife I have no where left to go. Our bedroom is a disaster. I married into a hoarding family. She has the same gene.

My side is tidy her side is a pile.

My youngest is tidy; she trains her kids to do so as well. All the Christmas presents were neatly place before we left; last years christmas was given away; to make room.

I'm doing the living room now; I can see all the corners. If anyone put something for more than a week; I will take it to the local welfare society.

Wife: So, where did my; go?

kv: Not sure? But it sure looks nice in here; doesn't it? Hands on hips "Sigh" :rolleyes:

kv

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Good point... but I normally execute steps 6 and 7 in reverse order...
Yes, letters of credit and "pay in advance" are common outside the US. Lots of factors drove things to this condition over the past 400 years of commerce. Just a different culture.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Yes, letters of credit and "pay in advance" are common outside the US. Lots of factors drove things to this condition over the past 400 years of commerce. Just a different culture.
Truth being told... I normally charge at least 60% down-payment (20% conceptual design and another two 20% payments for detailed engineering), 10% prior to shipping, and the last 30% 15 days after the completed project has been working flawlessly... My customers trust me and I trust them because they know they need my support for at least 6 months to one year anyway, which is the basic guarantee period agreed beforehand.