The Jokes thread

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Terms like old and young are relative, like voltage, only meaningful when referenced to something else. Given I thought derstrom has graduated in the 2000's, then someone graduating in the 60's would be "old" compared to him I guess. I mean no offense to anyone who now meets my criteria for "old". Seriously, I love old people ;)

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Terms like old and young are relative, like voltage, only meaningful when referenced to something else. Given I thought derstrom has graduated in the 2000's, then someone graduating in the 60's would be "old" compared to him I guess. I mean no offense to anyone who now meets my criteria for "old". Seriously, I love old people ;)
Hahaha, I was just picking on you strantor. I know you meant no offense :D

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
It's good to be loved. ♥♥♥:D

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Three guys die and end up at the gates of heaven, talking to St. Peter.
"So," Peter asks the first guy, "how many times did you cheat on your wife?"
"None. I had a perfect marriage."
"Great," says Peter. "You get to cruise around heaven in a Viper. And you, how many times did you cheat on your wife?"
"Only twice, I think," says the second guy.
"Okay. You get to cruise around heaven in a Cadillac. And you, how many times did you cheat on your wife?"
"12 times. Maybe 13," says the third guy.
"Okay," says Peter. "You get a rusty Ford."
Later that day, the guy in the Cadillac sees the guy in the Viper crying.
"What's wrong?"
"I just saw my wife."
"So?"
"She was riding a skateboard."

Quanika

Joined Mar 19, 2012
George comes from school on the first of September.

"George, how did you like your new teacher?" asked his mother.

"I didn\'t like her, Mother, because she said that three and three were six and then she said that two and four were six too....."

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
Now THAT'S how you do it! :D

Originally Posted by 1chance
I think one of the reasons I avoid fast food (besides the food itself!) is the workers as I don't deal well with incompetence. I argued once with a Taco Bell employee who had a professionally printed advertisement up for tacos at .39 cents each. I told him that I either wanted 10 tacos for 39 cents or he had to take the sign down. The manager finally took down the sign when he saw I wasn't going to budge!! My traveling mate was SOOOOOO embarrassed, but sometimes you just have to take a stand on the side of being right.

I've come across those signs a lot before, and it always really bugs me! I should try that sometime :p
10*0.39 = 3.9cents

for 39cents that should be 100 tacos.:p

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
3 guys go to a motel and decide to split a room 3 ways.
The room is 30$ so they each pitch in 10$.
After they proceed up to their room, the clerk realizes he overcharged them 5$.
The clerk goes up to the room and gives each guy 1$ and keeps 2$ as a reward to himself for his honesty.
So, now each guy only paid 9$. 9$ * 3 = 27$, plus the 2$ kept by the clerk = 29$.
Where did the missing dollar go?

You guys are smart, I don't even know why I posted this here; it's not even a joke.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
***SPOILER ALERT***

3 guys go to a motel and decide to split a room 3 ways.
The room is 30$ so they each pitch in 10$.
After they proceed up to their room, the clerk realizes he overcharged them 5$.
The clerk goes up to the room and gives each guy 1$ and keeps 2$ as a reward to himself for his honesty.
So, now each guy only paid 9$. 9$ * 3 = 27$, plus the 2$ kept by the clerk = 29$.
Where did the missing dollar go?

You guys are smart, I don't even know why I posted this here; it's not even a joke.
Ok, let's say three groups of ten dollars are given to the clerk. The clerk takes one out of each to give back to the guys, and there's a remainder of 9 in each group. Then when he takes his 2$, it has to come out of one of the groups of 9, so there's no longer 3 groups of 9. You'll end up with $25 total after he takes his 2$ from the groups that originally totaled 27$. that leaves $25+clerk's $2+guys' $3 = $30.

That was a good one! Good pick-me-up in the morning :D

Last edited:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Teacher: Do you know that Issac Newton proved that a tennis ball can be turned inside out without cutting it open by using Calculus?

Student: All this time I was believing that an apple fell on Newton's head. Now I believe that a heavy stone fell on his head.

As his first deployment as a soldier with the French Legion, a young man found himself posted to a desolate encampment way out in the middle of the Gobi Desert, with no other human habitation in sight.

After a few weeks of missing female company more each night, the new recruit asked one of the old hands how all the other men coped with the isolation.

In reply, the greenhorn was shown out into the moonlight and past a few dunes to a fenced paddock full of smelly, mean-looking camels. Repulsed at the very notion of what he assumed was about to be described, the recruit expressed his shock and outrage, then swore he would never speak of that evening again.

Months passed, and seeing no ill-effects among the other soldiers who religiously trooped out to the camel pen on Friday nights, the new man decided to sneak out for a night-time visit to the beasts, while nobody was looking.

After an arduous night in the camel pen in which his physical fitness and creativity were sorely tested, the soldier sauntered into the mess hall at breakfast and wasted no time in regaling the stunned diners with intimate details of his passionate evening among the herd of ungainly, cud-chewing beasts, while apologizing profusely for his initial skepticism about the concept of love with camels.

After a prolonged silence, someone finally gathered their wits and explained " Well we have always just ridden the camels into town to meet the women there."

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Two guys were taking Chemistry at the University of Alabama. They were doing well in the class and thought that going into the final they had a solid "A". They were so confident that the weekend before finals week, they went to the University of Tennessee to party with some friends.
They had a great time. However, with hangovers and everything, they overslept all day Sunday and didn't make it back to Alabama until early Monday morning, the day of the exam.
Rather than taking the final then, they found their professor after the final to explain to him why they missed the final.
They told him that they went up to the University of Tennessee for the weekend, and had planned to come back in time to study, but that they had a flat tire on the way back, and didn't have a spare, and couldn't get help for a long time, so they were late in getting back to campus.
The professor told them they could make up the final on the following day. They were elated and relieved. At the final, the professor placed them in separate rooms, handed each of them a test booklet and told them to begin.
The first problem, worth 5 Points, was something simple about Molarity & Solutions. "Cool," they thought. "This is going to be easy."
The next problem was worth 95 Points. It asked: "Which tire?"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
killivolt Off-Topic 10
KL7AJ Off-Topic 1
Sparky49 Feedback and Suggestions 4
electronis whiz Off-Topic 2
electronis whiz Off-Topic 1