The gold standard for an inside job...

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
A Denver Mint employee is said to have stolen gold and taken it out in a wooden leg. I seems to me to be a much more pleasant method of concealment. :p
More pleasant? A bone saw through your femur vs a condom full of gold nuggets through your sphincter. Without ever experiencing either, I'll Stay away from the bone saw and lifetime of peg leg pleasure. On second thought, I'll stick with my daily 9 to 5 grind.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I'll Stay away from the bone saw and lifetime of peg leg pleasure.
It's not all bad. Consider this:
You have a 50% lower chance of snake bite.
You can step in puddles without getting your real foot wet.
If your doctor complains about your BMI, you can take the leg off and lose 10 pounds in 20 seconds.
If you ever need foot powder, you only need half as much.
It's great for going to Halloween parties as a pirate. :D

Then, there are down sides. Every morning I get out of bed and fall over to the left.:confused:

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I always liked you #12, you're alright, no matter what the women have been saying about you.
Thanks. I try to help the Thread Starters.:)
I would even help a female Thread Starter.
But I'm not going to let one get close enough to touch me.
Been there, done that, ran out of what it costs to allow it.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/gold-smuggling-mint-sentencing-1.3961567
The former Royal Canadian Mint employee who apparently used his rectum to smuggle 22 solid gold "pucks" out of the secure facility in Ottawa has been given a 30-month prison sentence and must pay a fine of $190,000.
"The mint is one of the most secure facilities in Canada and we are confident that we have the right security measures in place to effectively operate our business," the statement reads.
Peter Doody gives the guy his punishment at the end, of the story.

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/gold-smuggling-mint-sentencing-1.3961567

Peter Doody gives the guy his punishment at the end, of the story.
What odd logic...
Barnes (the defense attorney) also argued Lawrence (the criminal) should only have to pay back $130,000 — the amount he actually made selling the 17 pucks of gold — rather than the $190,000 the 17 laundered pucks are estimated to be worth.

So it becomes the victim's fault that the thief is a bad negotiator? Or that purchasers of stolen property don't want to pay market price.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
What odd logic...
Barnes (the defense attorney) also argued Lawrence (the criminal) should only have to pay back $130,000 — the amount he actually made selling the 17 pucks of gold — rather than the $190,000 the 17 laundered pucks are estimated to be worth.

So it becomes the victim's fault that the thief is a bad negotiator? Or that purchasers of stolen property don't want to pay market price.
“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell”.

It's not likely he'll be able to pay either amount within 3 years of his release anyway.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
What odd logic...

It tells something about the integrity of Mr Barnes...