The Dinner Table Computer

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by Duane P Wetick, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Duane P Wetick

Thread Starter Active Member

Apr 23, 2009
    There's no better dinner guest than the dinner table computer. Dial-up the Wikki., watch a U-Tube clip, learn to Tango, compose a song, a poem or listen to the great ones. Store them, then later savor as an after dinner mint. A window on the world is the dinner table computer, entertainment or drama as you wish, as evident as the salt and pepper and the butter dish. Learn how to plant or where to plow or when to reap or sow. Its all on the U-Tube site, ya' know. Whatever the query, the U-Tube pix will give you the fix. As indespensable as the light switch and the hot water tank and a learning tool as well, the dinner table computer will be home for all to tell.

Cheers, DPW [ Everything has limitations...and I hate limitations.]

All modern dinner tables should have a computer built in. A center mounted swiveling display, hard drive & comms. under the table, keyboard & mouse will float around the table (wireless) so anyone can pick it up and search.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  2. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Huh.....what happen to the good old conversation

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Replaced by texting.

4. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    That's so last century, now everyone has a smartphone or tablet. Some even have Google Goggles and wrist computers.

Now a self cleaning dinner table would be something.

5. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    ! 121 aaf aak aisb aih atdw atst aunt awgthtgtta

shortbus likes this.
  6. Duane P Wetick

Thread Starter Active Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Don't have an I-phone or a cell phone either...
    See Don't call us, we won't call you poem.

Cheers, DPW

7. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    I remember for about seven to ten years ago. I saw commercial from Microsoft. Showing a table that also had a built in big (for that time) touch screen covering almost the whole table. The table was shown in different situations. Like in a restaurant, at an office meeting, and at home. They used finger/hand movements to interact with screen. For sure patented by Apple now. Like pulling up a menu in the restaurant. I do not know if this was a product or more showing what MS taught the future would be

8. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    Phones started out big, then as technology improved they got smaller. Anybody remember that stupid movie Zoolander (2001, pic below)? Now as technology improves, phones are getting bigger again. The line between phones and tablets is blurring. I feel one day I will see someone with an 11" tablet pressed against the side of their face. Maybe tablet-sized phones will replace tablets, and table sized table tablets will replace tablets.
    [​IMG]

9. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

There are already tablets with a phone build in.
    They called it a phablet.

Bertus

10. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    Like this:

http://youtu.be/ct1_r_61sk8

R!f@@ and strantor like this.
  11. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    LOL yeah, like that.

Is that a girl? Looks and sounds like a guy but I detect the presence of something under the shirt around the chest area.

12. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    It's a guy.