The best SW ant. for a small area.

Eliot3

Joined Jul 23, 2012
Looking for advice on the best design for a short wave multi band antenna. I live in a 65 foot mobile home. I have considered a multi tap long wire hybrid but again the foot print... any ideas? This is for receive only 5000 khz to 30 mhz ballpark. I also live at a power generation plant within 200 yards of 15 mega watt gas turbine generators so noise rejection is a thought. My first post I don't have much time because of my job but will check this as much as possible.

K7GUH

Joined Jan 28, 2011
I'd suggest a long wire to begin with. You can supplement it with coil and/or capacitor networks, but it's an inexpensive way to get started. Half the fun is trying out new ideas for your wire antenna.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
After so many years at home and at sea, long wire was always a (not the better) solution.

Keep in mind its inherent directivity. Albeit it could sound too much, consider having two, three or four that you could switch at will for different directions.

I believe that at home you have not to worry for changes of course as vessels do...

Last edited: