THE BEST PCB DESIGN SOFTWARE???

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by dogar sahab, Dec 20, 2008.

1. dogar sahab

dogar sahab Thread Starter Active Member

I want to ask about the best PCB DESIGN SOFTWARE..I have used ARES but didnt found it helpful as many packages were missing...Similarly PCB WIZARD isnt very good either..
    Would u all plz share the best PCB DESIGN softwares..They can be difficult to learn but the softwares must be very very good....As the tutorials of these softwares are available on net!!!!
  2. Bill_Marsden

Bill_Marsden Moderator Staff Member

I'm not the man to know, but from what little I've seen EagleSoft looks like a good bet. I believe it meets all your stated requirments.

If you get proficient on the freeware package they have a professional one that can do a lot more.
    meijaz likes this.
  3. garry.owens

garry.owens Member

i use geda in linux which i find extremly esy and reliable it doese take some getting used to but it is very fast and free i do not know if there is a windows based equivalent but if you are into electrical as a hoby then due to the amount of free software out there for linux then i would if i were you at least give it a try remember linux itself is free so give ubuntu a try you will not go back
  4. hgmjr

hgmjr Moderator Staff Member

I agree with Bill on this one. The limited evaluation edition of EAGLEPCB is probably the most cost effective package I know about.

hgmjr
  5. dogar sahab

hmm...Actually when I worked on ARES then the package for push buttons etcetra were not present and I had to labour much..
    I should try those u mentioned..
    But more suggestions are welcome!!!!
  6. dogar sahab

any one of u having the software and uploaded it on any site..then plz do share...
    I am not finding it on net!!!
  7. jpanhalt

jpanhalt E-book Developer

Which software can't you find? Eagle is at cadsoft.de

John
  8. dogar sahab

Full software actually..Full version is not a freeware...So any1 could do a favour?????
  9. jpanhalt

This site has a long standing policy about not facilitating the theft of software.

Your candor in expressing that intent here is amazing. Is there anything you feel you are not entitled to for free?

John
  10. dogar sahab

okay..sorry for that..Usually all forums have this policy otherwise they are blocked..whatsoever..
    But I have downloaded the free version(lite version) andit seemed to be good enough!!!
  11. Bill_Marsden

The main point (and the reason they offer a freeware version) is to learn it. Once you are comfortable with it you will be willing to shell out the big bucks for the full package (so the theory goes). Actually, from what I've seen the freeware version is still pretty powerful for the home hobbiest. They have nuanced the difference between a home project and a professional project very nicely.
  12. jpanhalt

There is an alternative:

It's $125 (used to be much less), offers a little more functionality, and is no more restrictive than the free version. Obviously, that may be over budget for some. I think of it as an incentive for a company that was willing to take the risk of offering good freeware to continue doing so. It is no more than than tickets to any professional event (opera, symphony, basketball, or football), and I enjoy it a lot more.

John
  13. dogar sahab

I think that these softwares must be available for no fee..However it leads into altogether a new discussion...
    Has anyone used PROTEUS and its built-in PCB DESIGNER(ARIES)??..I dont personally like it at all...However I am quite dextrous in usng that...
  14. dogar sahab

But I need the software for my engineering work..
    Isnt it a professional work afterall....:)
  15. bertus

bertus Administrator Staff Member

16. Bill_Marsden

If it is for school and education, no. This is not considered professional use.

If it is for a company or something you sell, you really should buy the professional package. After all, you would not like it if someone stole your work for profit.
  17. dogar sahab

But the price is reasonably high!!!!..
    However first I get grip on the freeware,then I ll think over it again..
    I guess for engineering purposes,it seems fine!!!
    What u say???