The Art of Invention

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I'm assuming you're doing lots better now... seriously, how good a salesman do you consider yourself?
Ha! Sales is the one of the few things I am not good at. Big handicap, I must say.

I have to make my products better so that they sell themselves.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
My first rule of new technology - No matter how good she looks, don't let her handcuff you to the bed on the first date. Translation: No matter how promising a new technology looks, let someone else take the first risks.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
My first rule of new technology - No matter how good she looks, don't let her handcuff you to the bed on the first date. Translation: No matter how promising a new technology looks, let someone else take the first risks.
Ummm...that means you are always 'sloppy seconds'.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Wow. Aren't you "Mr. Authority" all of a sudden! At least I know now where to get my facts checked.
Not "all of a sudden"... I'm just stating a fact. No product sells itself without some sort of promotion. In this case, you yourself might be the promotion... let's see...
This is what happened (as Adrian Monk would've said): you came up with a brilliant idea (I'm not being sarcastic, seriously), built a working prototype, and then you called someone that already knows you and who can promote it and sell it for you.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
A standalone PIC is not useful. I figure what's necessary for power, input and output?
I don't think input is necessary. Think in terms of, say a timer that starts as soon as power is applied.

So, 1 wire vdd, 1 wire vss. 1 wire output.

The output could simply blink an LED. Personally, I don't consider that all that useful, but according to many posts right here on AAC, it seems to be a substantial achievement for some.

Or, it could pulse a solenoid to drive some mechanical device (say a mechanical clock). That's 1 more wire to ground (or, if you are clever, solder the solenoid directly to the chip, and have only 2 wires in the whole system.