The Art of Electronics, 3rd Edition

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
The subject of this thread is the new (3rd) edition of the Horowitz and Hill book, The Art of Electronics, or TAoE3 for short. I received my copy of the book today, and after a cursory examination, must admit that I cannot provide a decent review of it, not even a cursory one. However, I can provide some information about it that may help as an introduction.

My copy is hardback, gold cover, 10 1/4" high, 8 1/8" wide, 2" thick, 1,224 pages.

There is a website devoted to the book. There, you can download the TOC, see the errata that has been identified, and read other information about the book and the authors. The preface is reproduced there, and will help you decide if you need TAoE3, or if the copy of TAoE2 that you may already have will suffice. The publisher, Cambridge University Press, will also allow you to download a sample chapter, but you have to ask for a password.

Your comments about TAoE3 are welcome here, but please be constructive.

Disclaimer: I have no connection to the book, its authors, or its publisher, except that I bought a copy and plan to read as much of it as possible.

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
From what I see there is a lot of differences. You can look at the TOC on the website posted by tracecom above.

from the AOE website:

3rd Edition companion: Learning the Art of Electronics An updated and expanded version of the 2nd edition Student Manual for the Art of Electronics is in preparation.

I think I will by this edition, both books, to go with my 2nd edition.

Last edited: