That really rustled my jimmies

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I am not very young, so I suppose you are asking me.

No, I have never before heard the expression, but I had no trouble guessing what it meant. It is similar similar enough to "undies in a wad," "weinie in a wiggle," "guts in a knot," etc. that inferring its meaning was easy. My thought process was to define "rustle" as "disturb" or "steal," and "jimmies" as "jammies" (pajamas,) and the meaning was obvious.

I also never watched any of the "Know Your Meme" videos before, and probably won't again. Inane.

The ironic thing is that a huge percentage of the viewers of the video won't know that the provocations used by the interviewer were either grammatical errors or mispronunciations.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Ok so what's 4chan?
From the Urban Dictionary:

3. 4chan
Welcome to 4chan
1) Please leave your religion, morals, and opinions at the door.
2)Please note, women are not permitted to enter this site without showing their breasts.
3)Please be advised that adult content is beyond the opening page in a very childish manner.
4)Please be made aware that every sexual fetish ever conjured by the human imagination lies beyond the first page.

4chan is the sphincter of the internet. Also known as the interbutts

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Yeah, 4chan is a very old board with many, MANY members that push the internet capabilities to the max. They can find people, do things, give birth to the latest internet trends and behave like unevolved chimps at the same time.

I would characterize it "The Joker of the internet" (from the Batman universe).

I dare not tread that area of the internet.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
It's where memes are born and human empathy goes to die.

It is a forum where the entire thing is anonymous, I believe this is where Anon started, nothing is recorded to identify people, so it is all unbridled interactions.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I would characterize it "The Joker of the internet" (from the Batman universe).

I dare not tread that area of the internet.
Same here. There are a lot of smart people there, 4chan is a place where they let their juvenile alter-egos run wild. It's not a big deal if you don't frequent the site. The problems arise when members of 4chan start posting on other forums, and seem to forget they aren't on 4chan...

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Same here. There are a lot of smart people there, 4chan is a place where they let their juvenile alter-egos run wild. It's not a big deal if you don't frequent the site. The problems arise when members of 4chan start posting on other forums, and seem to forget they aren't on 4chan...
Why was not I invited to this stag party. I feel quite left out:(

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I'm just not a social networker. I don't get it, I never will. I'd much rather just pick my phone up and call someone then sit and chat all day on some board. Heres about as big of a social network as I can take. I've met people online though out the years and have become friends but never got into the myspace, facebook, classmates thing. I'm too busy dressing in my skin tight pleather pants! :)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
and what I would do wouldn't be pretty.
Its ok I get it all the time. I'm irresistible to gay men. I had one friend that was gay that said I could make a fortune just going to gay bars and getting guys to buy my drinks and pay my bills. Said I wouldn't even have to do anything. He then started feeding us drinks all night. ;) At the time my nick name was Grizzly Adams.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Its ok I get it all the time. I'm irresistible to gay men. I had one friend that was gay that said I could make a fortune just going to gay bars and getting guys to buy my drinks and pay my bills. Said I wouldn't even have to do anything. He then started feeding us drinks all night. ;) At the time my nick name was Grizzly Adams.
Where did you get that Na56than quote and what does it have to do with this thread?