Thanks mods

schfiftyfivefive

Joined Oct 9, 2011
I came here for tips on finishing my project, did NOT break the TOS, was hassled by incompetent moderators and had multiple threads closed.

This is by far the most biased and immature forum I've ever seen, my project was techincally not automotive and was not at all dangerous or again, in any violation of the TOS

Feel free to ban me, I've gotten around the "automotive" issues before. Search up my other refrigerator/boat/household lamp analogies that I pathetically had to make to get help around here. Also, none of the projects I finished under those fake stories resulted in any injuries/death. Believe it or not

I'll be sure to post my finished results when I get what I came here for, so again feel free to ban me. You can close my attempts over and over but you've yet to win so far. I'm glad lots of the members here are mature enough to help me out when they see what my goals are, its too bad you mods ruin the good flow we start. Childish moderators, this is just sad.

Also, you should quickly delete this so no one else sees how awesome you guys are. Talk to you soon

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
:confused: So you make an end run around the rules by posting under false pretenses and using multiple user names then brag about it and rant about who's childish or mature!? I draw a very different conclusion.

ashokcp

Joined Mar 8, 2007
I feel that the mods are right. Even though yours is a rock, all suggestions by the members on this subject can be utilised on actual automobiles, and, that can be damaging.

schfiftyfivefive

Joined Oct 9, 2011
nope, its 12v. the most dangerous thing i can think of is maybe an HID ballast, but thats still not deadly. Household power projects actually do kill people, not 12v LEDs at 200mW haha

thanks anyways. I'm not being childish, just proving a point on how redundant this is

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
The forum rules are what they are. Even if the total ban on automotive changes. Is on the borderline (if not past) of being silly. It could have been done in a more adroit way. They are the forum rules and we have to live with them. Or move to another place/forum with other rules. It is a free world.
One way to get around it is to not mention you will use it in an automotive setting. Then no questions will be asked. In your case I think that would have been much more smarter. Than writing angry threads, that only causes giggling.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
My personal opinion is different from the mods. Rooting you out and closing your threads after you framed your questions to relieve the site of liability seems excessive. Putting lights in a "cabinet" without a working engine seems to me, as safe as putting little bows and ribbons on a show dog. However, both of those are not allowed on this site. Maybe the lesson is: If you're smart enough to be wiring up lights in cars, you should be smart enough to not mention that on this forum. You should at least take responsibility for that mistake.

The rest of it is beyond my control, and I am old enough to accept the rules without anguish. Neither you nor I have a dollar at risk in how this forum operates.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
If there wasn't so many governing authorities dealing with automotive lighting, it would be different. No one on this board is expected to know all the world wide rules, safety or otherwise when dealing with automotive lighting. Those same regulations keeps the OTS (off the shelf) produts priced high and intices most novices to build it themselves ... so they end up here with their questions. In the US, every state has automotive lighting standards as well as the federal standards.

What's next? Do we need a disclaimer on every schematic drawn that it is for training purposes only and the end user accepts all responsibility for use of the schematic and there is no guarantee that the device meets or exceeds the governing regulations for the application the end user builds. --- I know, it needs work.

There are plenty of forums that will guide those users who want automotive projects. There are plenty of electronic forums out in internet land, yet people end up here ... and they don't like the rules here ... so they dream up stuff to circumvent the rules.

There are plenty of HHO and overunity sites out there, but, those duped by the thought of free energy come here for assistance. I'm sure if the members here wanted to expend their time on automotive, hho, or overunity, nothing stops them from joining those sites to render assistance. I don't see a mass exodus of the regulars here to chase that dream.

The rules were set with safety and liability in mind. No one knows the capabilities of the person asking the questions.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
It is also worth to mention. That it is the site owners that have decided the total ban on automotive topics. The mods just have to carry out this policy. Or they will lose the "mod" badge for not doing their job.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I came here for tips on finishing my project...
as multitudes of others have done before, and will long after you have left.

... did NOT break the TOS...
I beg to differ with you; the Terms of Service state in Paragraph 6 (I'll paraphrase) that "automotive modification" discussions are not permitted on these Forums.

Since your project involved making yet more modifications on an automobile that already had multitudes of modifications, I don't see how we could possibly help you and still be in compliance with the Terms of Service.

...was hassled...
You were not "hassled" aka harassed; the Moderators simply did their duty by informing you of the Forum rule that you violated while closing the threads.

... by incompetent moderators...
I have been on many, many forums over the years, and the team of Moderators on this site are absolutely top notch. They only intervene when it's necessary to enforce the Forum guidelines/rules, which are really rather simple. In other words, they use their Mod powers moderately. If you incur wrath by their hand, it is because you did something that deserved it. If I believed that you had been wronged, I would be having a private discussion with them on your behalf. I can assure you that I have no such private discussion taking place regarding you.

and had multiple threads closed.
Had your threads been within the scope of the forums, they would still be open. Threads practically never get closed unless the TOS is being violated.

This is by far the most biased and immature forum I've ever seen...
Just because you don't like the rules, there is no reason to stamp your feet and hop up and down screaming as a spoiled child would.

... my project was techincally not automotive...
That's "technically". And it was to be installed in an automobile. If that is not an automotive application, I don't know what is.

... and was not at all dangerous ...
You must think that the Forum rules/policies are up for debate. They are not. The debate has taken place a long time ago, and the rules/policies are no longer up for discussion. Had you been here several years ago, you might have participated in them - if you had been able to carry on a rational discussion. Ad hominem attacks are not only irrational, but are also prohibited on the Forum.

...or again, in any violation of the TOS
Repeating incorrect assertions does not make them any more correct; it simply makes you appear as not comprehending the TOS.

Feel free to ban me, I've gotten around the "automotive" issues before.
It's not necessary to "get around" the ban. There are plenty of other forums for you to visit that may welcome such discussions, some of which are listed in the Resources forum:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=54400

A brief Google search for such forums will give you LOTS of other forums to visit.

Why must you insist on trying to subvert the rules on a forum that is oriented towards beginning to intermediate level hobbyists?

The rules are in place for many reasons; the primary reason being the safety of our members.

Search up my other refrigerator/boat/household lamp analogies that I pathetically had to make to get help around here. Also, none of the projects I finished under those fake stories resulted in any injuries/death. Believe it or not
There is no reason for you to be so pathetic; simply go where such discussions are welcome. They are not welcome nor permitted here.

I'll be sure to post my finished results when I get what I came here for...
Don't bother; it's not interesting nor desired.

You can close my attempts over and over but you've yet to win so far.
What differentiates a society from a mob of mayhem are rules, and an adherence to the rules. If you persist in your infractions, it may become necessary to escalate the response.

I'm glad lots of the members here are mature enough to help me out when they see what my goals are...
Your "goal" at the moment seems to be to goad the team of Moderators; a tactic that will bear no fruit other than an increased awareness of your "subvertive activities".

its too bad you mods ruin the good flow we start. Childish moderators, this is just sad.
The moderators didn't ruin anything, nor were they being childish. Ensuring compliance with the rules is what they have been commissioned to do. Your disapproval of the rules, and of the rules being enforced, is irrelevant.

Also, you should quickly delete this so no one else sees how awesome you guys are.
Actually, they ARE pretty awesome.

Talk to you soon
I'll pass on that offer.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
The fact of the matter is:

You have no right to talk about anything on here - there is no freedom of speech on a private forum like this. The mods and admin can delete, move, ban whomever and whatever they want to, have they have no obligation to explain their actions.

You have created a free account and have asked members to share their knowledge and time for free. You have not paid anything to use this, as such the owner/mods can do whatever they want (providing it's not illegal).

I've had threads I thought were innocent locked. Did I whine about it, like a spoilt child? No. I just got on with it.

If a thread of yours has been deleted or locked, and you truly feel that it's not against the TOS then you could send a polite pm to the admin.

Even then, they don't have to re-open. As I said, it's a private 'site and you have paid no money to use it.

In short, man up a bit and either try to become part of the community of this forum or sod off.

To the mods, owner/s, admin, etc, a genuine thank you from myself. I do think you're cool!:rolleyes:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I like ElectroTech myself. It allows subscriptions, is much more open on the rules (which can turn into open flame wars occasionally before the mods step in), has a nice chat room. You are much more likely to hear what people think of you in uncomplimentary terms, but as here do not flame the moderators, you will be banned in a heartbeat. I like this site more, it has features found no where else, but there are other sites with high quality standards.

We share pretty much the same user base. About 2/3 of our user base can be found there too. There are some good reasons they come back here though, we do not allow flaming in any form. Unlike other sites, once banned here it tends to be for life. I have puzzled over this, but it is how it is done here.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, SgtWookie. Very well said.

I just don't get it, though....
The OP is saying how childish and immature the mods are, yet here HE is having a little temper tantrum over a thread that was closed for good reason. He was given warning, and did not comply. Now he's crying to the rest of the members saying how bad the moderators are? I don't know how much more childish and immature you can get!
I agree with Sgt. The mods here are top-notch and are doing a fine job of protecting and enforcing the forum rules. Keep it up, guys. You are, indeed, awesome.

As for you, schfiftyfivefive, you need to stop harassing ("hassling") the mods. You are being very rude and your attitude is intolerable. I urge you to change your ways immediately or you will get absolutely nowhere. Nobody likes a whiner.

That's all I have to say.

Der Strom

I woke up this morning absolutely livid that the color of the sky remains blue despite my string of protests on the subject.

I will refuse all meals until my demands for a green sky with brown polka-dots are met, and futhermore, I will continue to wear this giant spider costume until I recieve a full, unreserved apology for the universe's failure to conform with my dictates.

There, I got that off my chest.