TFT 3.2" in 8 bit interface mode

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
The display doesn't use SPI, it uses parallel data clocking. (Like a text LCD.)

RS is register select (commands/data) then you setup the 16bit parallel data then clock another pin (WR pin? I can't remember).

Anyway there are plenty of code examples and wiring examples showing how to use it on the net. Most of the China ebay suppliers have a downloads link;
RAR download file; http://www.egochina.net.cn/e-shop/eBay/Datasheet/3.2tft-1289(8K0940).rar

From this ebay ad; http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-2-TFT-LCD-Module-Display-Touch-Panel-PCB-adapter-/200475566068

took all of 30 seconds to google. :(

sairfan1

Joined May 24, 2012
Thanks, i have already interface it in 16bit mode, but it took too may ports its not a good option.

according to datasheet controller/driver used in TFT (SSD1289) this TFT can be interfaced in 16bit, 9bit,8bit, 4bit serial, 3 bit serial and 18bit RGB mode. These modes can be configured through configuration Pins.

mystery starts when author of datasheet mention Pins of controller for parallel mode, he also mentioned serial mode 3/4bit mode, but did not mention pin numbers. While digging i got one hint that some of data pins (D0-D15) act as serial pins (SDI,SDO,SCK) in 3/4bit serial mode.

There are some vendors who provide configuration pins on PCB. but most of them do not.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Thanks, i have already interface it in 16bit mode, but it took too may ports its not a good option.

according to datasheet controller/driver used in TFT (SSD1289) this TFT can be interfaced in 16bit, 9bit,8bit, 4bit serial, 3 bit serial and 18bit RGB mode. These modes can be configured through configuration Pins.

mystery starts when author of datasheet mention Pins of controller for parallel mode, he also mentioned serial mode 3/4bit mode, but did not mention pin numbers. While digging i got one hint that some of data pins (D0-D15) act as serial pins (SDI,SDO,SCK) in 3/4bit serial mode.

There are some vendors who provide configuration pins on PCB. but most of them do not.
People that build the pcb did not provided you with serial pins for chip talking to uC. So the chip has the pins, but when chip was installed on pcb these pins were not connected to anything.