testing

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
You musta been the sound guy. (Me too.)

When I first started playing music in public, (1950s); most of the time I was elected to set up our sound.
The last 50 years or so, I did all the guitar tech thing, also.
They always waited for me to setup and tune and repair their guitars, plus play at nights. Learning experience for sure.
Back then, the PAs were very simple and crude by today's standards. Much better to play in large clubs/venues, where we had dedicated sound guys.

They did their jobs well, and I wouldn't even want to mess with all the digital equipment available nowadays....;)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Agree. In 1960, most of the job was damaged guitar cords and keeping the musicians from getting electrocuted. Now? Somebody is going to smack my hand if I reach for a volume control. :D

rc3po

Joined Feb 12, 2014
When I first started playing music in public, (1950s); most of the time I was elected to set up our sound.
The last 50 years or so, I did all the guitar tech thing, also.
They always waited for me to setup and tune and repair their guitars, plus play at nights. Learning experience for sure.
Back then, the PAs were very simple and crude by today's standards. Much better to play in large clubs/venues, where we had dedicated sound guys.

They did their jobs well, and I wouldn't even want to mess with all the digital equipment available nowadays....;)
I never played in public, but before I became disabled, I played drums. My favorite songs to play were by Pantera, Mudvayne, & Megadeth.