test board for treadmill DCMDX

luca120

Joined May 28, 2014
Hi my name is Luca, i'm a Italian boy,I have one problem,I'm trying test circuit board, for general DCMDXX board, but I haven't found anything yet, my question is, I can simulate the console (speed up - speed down increase up - increase down) with four button?

thanks for all answers

Best Regards

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
What is a DCMDX board?
Usually the interface to T.M. controllers is fairly simple either 0-10vdc analogue or PWM control, also Usually a feedback element is used, Tach etc.
Max.

luca120

Joined May 28, 2014
What is a DCMDX board?
Usually the interface to T.M. controllers is fairly simple either 0-10vdc analogue or PWM control, also Usually a feedback element is used, Tach etc.
Max.
DCDMX = DCMD66 DCMD57 ---> all family for endex range :) but the endex family, which logical use? analog or pwm control?

luca120

Joined May 28, 2014
DCDMX = DCMD66 DCMD57 ---> all family for endex range :) but the endex family, which logical use? analog or pwm control?
for example I have attached one image, where you can see the pinout of the endex connector, my question is, I can create one test board to drive these boards?

Attachments

luca120

Joined May 28, 2014
I can get some help?
I am able to increase and decrease the speed, only with the console connected, how can I simulate the start signal without console?

ozwolf

Joined Dec 30, 2012
for example I have attached one image, where you can see the pinout of the endex connector, my question is, I can create one test board to drive these boards?
G'day luca120.
The photo you attached was the final clue in the puzzle for me, and I successfully created a test jig for my DCMD57. If you or anyone else is interested in the answer, just let me know and I'll post the result.
Gary

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Wow!!! I am totally impressed if OzWolf could gain enough information from that photo. I usually need a much greater description of the problem that I am supposed to solve.
But now I have bigger problems: 3 hours ago I had a direct lightning hit on my radio tower and some of the lightning followed the antenna cable inside. The disconnected cable end was on the floor and the sparks jumped a foot to my IsoBar filter that was plugged in. Now the fan that was plugged into the isobar does not work, and my computer, that was switched off and plugged into an isolator on the other side of the room does not switch on.
I am not asking for help, just complaining about my sudden damage.

Good morning, my pcb ENDEX dcmd67m, IC component U2 missing code ?? I’m think phototriac driver optocoupler ( moc3061 for examples).where can i find the code component U2 ? Thank’s

@MisterBill2 I hope you have the ISOBAR receipt. Good luck. I had one purchased for work blow up (all black soot) and the equipment replaced. Somebody at purchasing changed to APC. The case cracks easily and there is a thermal fuse in it that if it blows passes the surge to the equipment. A really bad design.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
controllers is fairly simple either 0-10vdc analogue or PWM control
Not exactly sure of the model of controller board I have but I usually use a 10KΩ pot with the wiper on the white wire (center) and either end of the pot to the red and black. I have one running a TM motor that runs my bandsaw. HEY! The bandsaw motor went bad and they wanted $185 for a new motor. I had several TM motors and speed control boards laying around. A little bracket making and I had a working bandsaw, with an unusual feature - variable speed. All controlled by a starter button and the speed control pot. The starter button is because the TM normally won't just start going when you apply power. You have to zero the speed before it will begin. The button simulates the zero. Also works as a nice safety feature - the grandchildren can't start the saw without knowing the purpose of the button OR the fact that you can't just push it - you have to push it and hold it for a few seconds. Thereafter the saw will run. Variable speed is nice when you want to cut plastics without burning and melting plastic to the teeth of the saw blade.

[edit]

I have two scrap MC 60's and one MC 80 Motor Speed Controllers in my scrap bin right now. These are the types which I used on my bandsaw. Without going in the garage and looking at the controller I can best guess it's probably an MC 60.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I just designed a Pic based 20Hz PWM signal required for the MC2100 PWM drive controller series, this uses a stop and start P.B. and will start from the last set (by speed pot) command.
No need to zero the pot.
Youre not interested in resurrecting the MC60/80?
The MC2100 runs smoother and quieter than the SCR versions.
Max.

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
@MisterBill2 I hope you have the ISOBAR receipt. Good luck. I had one purchased for work blow up (all black soot) and the equipment replaced. Somebody at purchasing changed to APC. The case cracks easily and there is a thermal fuse in it that if it blows passes the surge to the equipment. A really bad design.
My Isobar 4-outlet device was plugged in , and the lightning hit the case from the disconnected coaxial cable on the floor. From the case it entered the box, burning black spots around the screws. It welded the switch on and traveled back into the house wiring and over to my computer.. Fortunately the hard drive survived.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I just designed a Pic based 20Hz PWM signal required for the MC2100 PWM drive controller series
20 Hertz? Wouldn't that be rather noisy?

Yes, my MC 60s are noisy. But it's driving a bandsaw, which itself is noisy and in a noisy environment. I haven't run any tests on the controllers I have so I have no idea what frequency they're pulsing the motor. I might look into it - but to be honest, I'm not that interrested.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018

Yes, my MC 60s are noisy. But it's driving a bandsaw, which itself is noisy and in a noisy environment. I haven't run any tests on the controllers I have so I have no idea what frequency they're pulsing the motor. I might look into it - but to be honest, I'm not that interrested.
If the motor delivers adequate torque at an acceptable speed and does not overheat then it must be OK in the setup you have. Possibly not the ultimate efficiency but that is not usually a major concern for most folks.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013

This is not the motor PWM power, but the signal into the Microchip that does the processing.
This method does not use the traditional POT.
The Power PWM is a much higher rate.
Your MC60/80's controllers are running at 120Hz mains ripple via a DC SCR controlled bridge.
Usually these are fairly simple to fix.
Max.

Last edited: