Test Bench for PLC IO - 0 to 10V Analogue Input

TheArgyll

Joined Jun 21, 2016
Hello All,
I am developing a test rig for a Programmable Logic Control I have bought to teach my son programming on.

I have the circuit diagrams for handling Digital Inputs/Outputs as I would like, however I have 2 Analogue Input channels that can only read 0-10v signals. Does anyone know of a simple device I could mount behind the front plate of a panel with a dial of some description protruding through to allow the user to determine the input voltage?

I am pretty new to the whole electrical/electronic side of things, so any advice or guidance anyone can offer would be most welcome.

Regards,
TheArgyll.

TheArgyll

Joined Jun 21, 2016
Thanks for replying Papabravo... Is a voltage follower something I would have to construct or can I buy one and chuck it in there with a potentiometer? I have Googled this and the hits seem to be circuit diagrams, which are currently horrifying to a newbie such as I! :)

Thanks again!
Arg.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
A Voltage follower is constructed from an operational amplifier wired in a particular configuration, as you can see from the links that I provided. For your application you should pick one that is cheap and operates with a single power supply.

tsan

Joined Sep 6, 2014
What is the input impedance/resistance of the analog input? It is typically that much high (more than 10 kohm) that a potentiometer can be used without voltage follower.