tesla turbine

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by electronis whiz, Jul 4, 2012.

1. electronis whiz

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    i have hered of something called a tesla turbine and found a few instructions. they have slight variations though some use arc shaped holes nere the center others use just multiple single holes. i think the arc though harder to make would work better. my plan is to just use a junk hard drive make holed near the center of the platters remove the controler conect wires to the motor to make power. they say the cpace between plates makes a difernce with i can see but this varys with the fluid used. i am planning on air so i'm thinking they should be close together. but i have found nothing on what setup to use with different fluid. also not sure it all the holes should line up or they can be random. anyone know anything about tesla turbines?
    any tips apreciated.

2. amilton542

Nov 13, 2010
    I have a friend who made one. He claimed it was a Tesla turbine, but I said it's actually an alternator.

He stacked a pile of CD's one on top of the other with a circular neodymium magnet between each stack around the circumference equally spaced from one another.

Then placed the CD stack cover back over all the discs with a small drill hole in the side in order to connect a foot pump. Then you pump away with a coil nearby.

Interesting little project for an induced emf. Wasn't a turbine though.