Tesla' s Radiant Energy Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
yes it helps me understand things much better , sorry i didn't had the time to answer earlier . how do I chose what capacitor i need ? actually , what is the smallest power supply I can use on the coil i mentioned and what capacitor i should use there ?

Last edited:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
yes it helps me understand things much better , sorry i didn't had the time to answer earlier . how do I chose what capacitor i need ? actually , what is the smallest power supply I can use on the coil i mentioned and what capacitor i should use there ?
As I mentioned, in order for a Tesla coil to work properly (without getting into the realm of Solid state coils, which are NOT for beginners), you need a high voltage transformer with an output between 6,000 and 15,000 volts. This is so that the air in the spark gap (which acts as a switch) can break down and conduct current.

I have couple of 220 uf , 385 V capacitors. and what i have to know is ,can i use them for my tesla coil ? , how much of them do i need ? and what power supply i need there ? and what can i use instead of a transformer ? and can I use a car battery charger fo the power supply ?
No, most certainly not. You still have no idea what you're dealing with, and I am tempted to just say I can't help you. You're obviously not doing any work on your own--You're not researching and you still lack a fundamental understanding of what a Tesla coil really is, much less how it works. What do you plan to do with the Tesla coil? Do you plan to make sparks (what Tesla coils are generally used for nowadays--just for effect)? Do you plan to do wireless transmission (which is a whole different animal, so to speak)? Is it all for show?

I am beginning to wonder if I should ask the moderators to lock this thread--you're in the realm of very dangerous electronics and obviously have no idea what you're doing.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

As said we do not want you to hurt or even kill yourself, due to the lack of experience.
The ToS has this stated:

Forum members must not knowingly provide any information that may adversely affect another member; this includes, but is not restricted to, information that may potentially result in injury, death, damage or destruction of property and possessions. The administration takes this matter seriously and has the right to remove any contentious content and deal with the offending member as it deems is necessary.
Bertus

Status
Not open for further replies.