Tesla' s Radiant Energy Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
What material is used in making Tesla's radiant energy device and how much can we get from it ?

more accurately, Radiant energy collector '

Last edited by a moderator:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Unfortunately Tesla took the answer to your question to the grave when he died. The closest I have come is the tiny inductive battery charger for my electric toothbrush.

Ron

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
and if you transfer power wirelessly from one battery to another do you have losses? can you transfer exactly half of a battery to other one?

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
I understand , when I power an electric motor with one of mobile chargers. on what depends the amount of electricity coming out of the charger ? resistance of the device we use ?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The amount of the current the charger can deliver to a load, any load be it a motor or anything else is a function of the charger. If for example a charger or power supply has a rated output of 12 volts 2 amps then the maximum output power is 24 watts and that is as good as it gets. So if you try to drive a greater load either the supply will burn up or simply blow a fuse or other protection device. You can't have more than the supply side can deliver.

Ron

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
Thank you. appreciated.

how do I find out what capacitor and transistor I need for Tesla Coil ? if I don't have more wire to make the coil suitable for the transistor or the capacitor. Thank you. And does the primary coil wire has to be isolated . I know the secondary has to be.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I don't know, but why should it matter since Tesla made his device long before the invention of the transistor. Why would you think such a question was reasonable? What do you think the transistor and capacitor are supposed to do?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
That pretty well covers it. Tesla was designing his original coils long before the transistor was invented. If you want to look at some Tesla Coil designs including those based on the original just do a Google of Tesla coil circuits design. The problem I see here with your line of questioning is you really do not understand the basics and without understanding the basic electronic fundamentals you will never understand any of this stuff and may electrocute yourself in the learning curve. Tesla coil designs develop high voltages and currents which can make you very dead very fast. Not to mention burning and smelling terrible. You learn to swim in the shallow end of the pool. :)

Ron

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
I don't know, but why should it matter since Tesla made his device long before the invention of the transistor. Why would you think such a question was reasonable? What do you think the transistor and capacitor are supposed to do?

To be honest, I don't know actually .. obviously my first time making it trying to understand it.. ..i am trying to make it with a battery and I think a transistor is used to help in that because of the difference in the resistance ... or something.... shooting blind here.. help

That pretty well covers it. Tesla was designing his original coils long before the transistor was invented. If you want to look at some Tesla Coil designs including those based on the original just do a Google of Tesla coil circuits design. The problem I see here with your line of questioning is you really do not understand the basics and without understanding the basic electronic fundamentals you will never understand any of this stuff and may electrocute yourself in the learning curve. Tesla coil designs develop high voltages and currents which can make you very dead very fast. Not to mention burning and smelling terrible. You learn to swim in the shallow end of the pool. :)

Ron

Don't worry, i'm making a small one.. ;) i don't have enough to kill my self. why is the transistor used then? .. but i need a capacitor..

or the transistor is just used as a switch ?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
A Tesla Coil is a high voltage device. To get the high voltage transformers are used which are AC devices. A battery is a DC device. Tesla coils that begin with a battery use the battery DC to drive (power) a transistor type oscillator making AC to drive the first transformer. If you use the Google suggestion I provided you will find some circuits that use an oscillator as I mentioned. My explanation here is way, way over simplified.

Ron

Last edited:

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
primary has to be isolated ?

Ok. I use transistor if i don't want the spark gap.

then the transistor has to be working with the capacitor

ok forget about that. where do i connect the base of the secondary coil ?

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
i winded all up.I have secundary and the primary fifed.. now i don;t know how to connect all of it. . I know some of the basic connections and what goes where .. but i don't know what exactly (capacitor, transistors resistors.. etc ) i need for this one.. it's about 450 turns in the secondary

Last edited:

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
I have old vcr's , tv's computers ,, i can use capacitors from and all the other things .. if you could help me find what i need

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
maybe i ask to much, idk how complicated that may be. . to work blindfolded from there .. i'll try to find something around. Thank you, you helped me enough so far anyway. all good ;) but if you have time to spare.. i will be waiting ;). ok now i understood your post from before .. ok , i need a transistor to make me ac from dc.. ok. can i find that transistor in vcr. or tv.. and how does it look like.. ? or a computer .. and what capacitor will i be needing for 9 V battery or double...

I saw some videos , they using only one small capacitor and one small transistor A2222 something.. on a 9 v battery. i know how to connect the capacitor with the transistor and the battery (i think ) .. but i have no idea where to find that kind of a capacitor or can i use a different one.

Last edited:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Don'tknow,

First of all i want to mention that i have made quite a few Tesla coils, so i know what I'm talking about.

A Tesla coil is a very complicated device and it should only be attempted by people who ABSOLUTELY know what they're doing, no matter how small. It requires a lot of research and math.

You cannot simply replace the spark gap with a transistor. That gets into the realm of solid state Tesla coils, which are even more complicated than a basic spark gap Tesla coils. I have a blog following the design and build of my solid state Tesla coil over at electro-tech-online.com.

Any battery operated Tesla coils (i am not talking about resonators here, i mean genuine Tesla coils) use a high voltage step-up transformer to convert the low voltage to between 6000 and 20,000 volts required by the spark gap. The Tesla coil then steps that voltage up significantly.

I strongly recommend you do a LOT more research before you attempt the build. You really MUST understand how it works before you can start putting one together. And for the record, a 9 volt battery is not going to be able to supply enough current to drive a Tesla coil. You would need a large SLA battery that can provide the necessary power. The 9 volt has an internal resistance that limits the current and would cause internal heating, which could cause it to explode.

PLEASE do more research before continuing. Even the simplest Tesla coils could kill you in the wrong conditions.

Regards,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.