Tesla Museum

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I read about this a couple weeks ago. Someone was buying the mountain he researched on to preserve it. Forget the name but I'm sure one of those links says it.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
DARN! You know what, Magnet? I started a thread about this over at ETO a couple weeks ago, and was going to post it here, but I completely forgot!

Maybe a link to ETO will be sufficient. Beware--there are trolls, so the thread has been trashed, broken up, taped back together, and ripped apart again. Watch out for posts from Sceadwian, especially--he seems to be my own personal troll over there. Hopefully something will be done about him soon.

http://www.electro-tech-online.com/...-late-give-tesla-recognition-he-deserves.html

Joined Nov 30, 2010

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
Its a funny comic, but that guy went way too far. I love Tesla too, but he sounds like he is ready to propose to Tesla and have children with him. Also come on, Edison was not the pure evil that this guy made him. I still have to read Empires of Light.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Yeah, me too. I've noticed he's been banned from this site also.
He wanted to delete all his posts here as he left (another self imposed exile). This is something I do not allow, as I consider it vandalism.

It would be nice if Tesla's work on wireless power transmission could be duplicated. I suspect it is very lossy.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Its a funny comic, but that guy went way too far. I love Tesla too, but he sounds like he is ready to propose to Tesla and have children with him. Also come on, Edison was not the pure evil that this guy made him. I still have to read Empires of Light.
First of all, no. There was nothing in that comic that was out of place. Sure, a bit of hyperbole here and there, but it was entirely called for. Tesla did a lot for the world and there are few people who actually realize it.

And Tesla did not make Edison out to be pure evil. Edison did that himself. Did you know he (Edison) paid teen boys to steal peoples' pet dogs and cats out of their yards, and Edison would publicly electrocute them to prove the "dangers of AC"? I bet you didn't know that. Tesla did not make him do that. In fact, Tesla opted to test his electrical devices on himself to show that it is not as dangerous as Edison seemed to think it was. Tesla never did anything to harm other people or their pets. Edison was also a liar and a cheat--he hired Tesla to do a job for him for $100,000. Tesla did it, but Edison refused to pay him for it.

Read a few books about Tesla and Edison. You'll soon realize who was the better of the two, who was wrong, and who was right.

Matt

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
First of all, no. There was nothing in that comic that was out of place. Sure, a bit of hyperbole here and there, but it was entirely called for. Tesla did a lot for the world and there are few people who actually realize it.

And Tesla did not make Edison out to be pure evil. Edison did that himself. Did you know he (Edison) paid teen boys to steal peoples' pet dogs and cats out of their yards, and Edison would publicly electrocute them to prove the "dangers of AC"? I bet you didn't know that. Tesla did not make him do that. In fact, Tesla opted to test his electrical devices on himself to show that it is not as dangerous as Edison seemed to think it was. Tesla never did anything to harm other people or their pets. Edison was also a liar and a cheat--he hired Tesla to do a job for him for $100,000. Tesla did it, but Edison refused to pay him for it.

Read a few books about Tesla and Edison. You'll soon realize who was the better of the two, who was wrong, and who was right.

Matt
I heard about all that stuff. Tesla is my hero and one of the people I look up to, but I want to know more about the real Edison. I find it hard to believe that he was this bad and evil.

Anyway have you ever read Empires of Light? My professor recommended that book. Its supposed to be a largely unbiased account of the War of the Currents.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I heard about all that stuff. Tesla is my hero and one of the people I look up to, but I want to know more about the real Edison. I find it hard to believe that he was this bad and evil.
Whether you believe it or not, those things happened. It's a fact, and is in many different accounts.

Anyway have you ever read Empires of Light? My professor recommended that book. Its supposed to be a largely unbiased account of the War of the Currents.
It sounds familiar, I think that's one of the many books about Edison and Tesla that I read several years back. Going to have to read it again though, just to be sure.