Terminal Illness

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I just had somone tell me they had a terminal Illness.
The only thing I could only think to say I'm am a good
listener,thats sad.Are you ready to meet your maker.
I don't want the thread closed,what do you want to do
like a trip,vacation,complete something ,we know how
you feel about God. Don't get the thread closed,you
have must dreams of great things.Tell us about them
if you can put it in words.The person was young.

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I haven't thought about dying. I 'm slightly too young for that. I live in a dangerous neighborhood and often do dangerous things like climbing outside of the balcony rail in the 6th floor to fix something. It really is a matter of perspective.

What would be better? To keep yourself safe in order to prevent yourself from being harmed, or live without the concern of safety, playing with your life every day? I have always wondered what's the golden section of that dilemma.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
People say if its your time,but i say you don,t have to help It.There was a lady
in Florida fell 17 floors by leaning over the balcony,she survived by hitting a strong
canvas like a tramporline to break her fall,a good installation by the canvas company.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ Shortbus,I like your post,I have stated that my life Interest had
taken me away from sitting on a work and electronics hobby stool.
Electronics was very good to me,I had corporate accounts in South
Florida for many years that I served well,so i don't have to duck and
hide I am In there with the best of you.You should be so lucky to live
my life.I hope to have a large harp with lots of strings to take me out.
They will be there mentally before the lights go out or a simple blackout,
that I won't witness.That I would prefer,because I would hate to leave
this life.Its more fun that a human should have,that where Loosewire
come In to take up the slack that I give you...You make this world a
better place with your Input,couldn't live without It. Loosewire,
greater than you think and that a fact.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Perhaps the point of it is to be nothing, yet everything whilst being of us.

Then again, why be so deep? Could it be that nothing compares to the part of homo sapiens which makes us humans? Is that nothing - but perhaps it is something. Questions so hard for us, yet we know the answers without reliasing we do - for we are humans -not just a collection of cells and atoms (mostly space themselves), that is human - not a homo sapien.

Perhaps it will reveal itself, despite sitting in our minds - a deep expanse of nothingness - yet everything. Sense - sight, sound, touch. What are these?

Something - yet undefinable. Perhaps nothing, whilst being something.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Sparky49,That very good,but i think we are more than cells,very much more.
You must have some dreams of great things,so how deep are dreams.They
should be very high,yet facing your ever day life.You have never been to a
doctor,lucky you.I see people of all ages in doctor offices and I wonder why.
Are we sick or misguilded,what do we support a medical system or our Ill
health.In that to deep for you.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
I have been to a doctor... :/

But could it be that despite the feeling of all reality, impacting on the chemical balances of all but the great elements we see around us?

What it is to see? Seeing is an illusion - the greatest illusion of all - yet whilst it is - it isn't. Perhaps not to be so, but then why else? Why else would it be so? Could it be that nothing has a true colour, but simply exists in the corners of our minds?

What would exist without life? Nothing to comprehend anything. No. Would anything exist. No. Nothing to comprehend those elements, and then they are useless. A spindley spiral and mess of dependences - we do not truely know everything of matter, we would not exist without matter. But would matter exist without us? Perhaps so, without being nothing and no. Perhaps. If it should be so that it seems nothing is everything, then nothing. Nought. 0. Can nothing exist? Existance of nothing - example of which are we?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I have thought about dying. As long as it's fairly quick I think I would be okay with it. I am not afraid of death, but I am worried about the people around me--my family, my friends, the ones I love and who love me. Death is a part of life, and I am at peace with that. I just hope that when I pass away, it will not be too much for my loved ones to handle. I don't mean to sound cocky or anything--I am nothing special. But special or not, I know people care about me.
I am very sorry to hear about your friend, loosewire. I hope that he or she can be at peace with his or her condition, and that your friend can make the most of the time they have been given.
Der Strom

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I recently had a very big health scare. I was having chest pains that were very strong and felt like I was getting hit in the chest with a baseball bat. For a good 2 weeks while waiting to get an appt. and get tested I really felt like this was the end. I have a pre-existing heart condition so I was really scared about that. Finally about a week before my appt they got so strong and so frequent I had to goto the ER. I honestly and truthfully thought this could be my last night on earth. While at the hospital in the chest pains unit all I could think about is all the bad things I had done to my parents and family, and that I wanted them to know they meant more to me then anything in this universe. Doing things and a "bucket list" weren't even thought of. I just wanted my mother, brother, and sister to know how much I cared for them.After many test and many doctors it was concluded that the pains were caused by severe stress, anxiety, and esophogus spasms. Still not sure if thats really it but it has been getting much better once they prescribed me diazapam and I made a point to remove stress from my life.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Your post has given some members some understanding that things
don't always work perfect. You have name some things that some
members may not think about. So this thread is not for nothing,giving
some thoughtful information.

Last edited: