Tenary Tree.

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by vineo76, Jun 23, 2012.

1. vineo76

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I am reading this Introduction to computing book on my own. http://www.computingbook.org/FullText.pdf

It does not have solutions in the back, so I was hoping that someone would be able to help me out. I was wondering how I should draw the tenary tree for exercise 1.3 a. I used two squares with with three nodes each. Is this correct?

2. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    That doesn´t give you 8 possible values. You need at least one root node with three nodes, each of which can have three leafs, so you can have 9 possible values.

3. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    In general, try to limit the size of something that someone has to download in order to help you. For instance, I have a satellite internet connection and it would take me over half an hour to download the entire 4+MB file just to see that one exercise. I can't justify that and so I can't even try to help. So take a screenshot of the relevant page or extract/print the relevant pages to a PDF that is only a page or two. If you do that, I would be more than happy to take a look and I suspect a number of other people might, as well. Cheers!