Temperature Sensor Identification

enggricha

Joined May 17, 2014
Please check the attached image. I am fairly confident this is a temperature sensor, given the application I found this in (peltier cooler). But I am not sure what kind of temperature sensor this is and how to read the marking on the same. I am sure you guys can help me figure this out.

Attachments

enggricha

Joined May 17, 2014
Thanks, now that I look up thermal fuse I see similar parts. But not sure why the original manufacturer had used a thermal fuse on the cool side of a peltier cooler !!

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
It's been too long now for me to remember the details, but I used to work on little peltier milk coolers and a very common failure mode (something wrong with the power supply, but I don't remember what) led to extreme, rapid heating of what should've been the cool side. So the thermal fuse seems like a very good idea to me!

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Failure to remove heat from the hot side will cause the cool side to get hot. Just a speculation. It may be less problematic to have the sensor on the cold side instead of the more-obvious hot side.

enggricha

Joined May 17, 2014
It's been too long now for me to remember the details, but I used to work on little peltier milk coolers and a very common failure mode (something wrong with the power supply, but I don't remember what) led to extreme, rapid heating of what should've been the cool side. So the thermal fuse seems like a very good idea to me!
Thanks for that... that infact makes sense now that I look at it from that perspective.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I hadn't thought of that, but failure to dump heat from the hot side will make all of the Peltier go hot because it's all one piece. You only have to decide on what temperature to detect if you measure on the allegedly cold side.