Temperature Controller with Microcontroller

pointer_fisics

Joined Sep 6, 2014
Hi:

I have been researching for a temperature controller (for example like a STC-1000) that can communicate with an Microcontroller (MCU) but I have not been successful in finding one. The main idea is to send commands from the MCU to the temp. controller. Instead of manually pushing buttons to set the temp. from the temp. controller I would like to set temperature of the temp. controller from a MCU through some type of serial communication.

Do you guys know if there any affordable temp. controller that can realize this, or any way to do this?

-Thanks

pointer_fisics

Joined Sep 6, 2014
Thanks for the info!
I forgot to mention that we already have a temp. controller (UDC2500) from Honeywell which I already read the different data sheets but I'm unable to understand how to controlled it trough the RS-485 connection. What commands do I have to send to set temp, what pin's to use from the MCU, and another information.

Do you guys know how to operate it in this mode (remotely from an MCU)?

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Thanks for the info!
I forgot to mention that we already have a temp. controller (UDC2500) from Honeywell which I already read the different data sheets but I'm unable to understand how to controlled it trough the RS-485 connection. What commands do I have to send to set temp, what pin's to use from the MCU, and another information.

Do you guys know how to operate it in this mode (remotely from an MCU)?
Connection is MCU specific. Since you are the only one among us who know what MCU you have, you will be the one to dig out that informaiton.

Why don't you contact Honeywell and ask?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There appears to be Honeywell P.C. based software for setting up and testing your uDC-2500 using Modbus RTU (Hex data) as a modbus slave called P.I.E. from Honeywell, not sure if it is free?.
There is also a few Modbus master programs out there to experiment as to the nature of the data and settings.
Max.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Hi:

I have been researching for a temperature controller (for example like a STC-1000) that can communicate with an Microcontroller (MCU) but I have not been successful in finding one.
Why not make the microcontroller the temperature controller? It can be one and the same.