Temperature Control Circuit Altium Designer Help

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Adanovinivici, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Adanovinivici

Thread Starter Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Hello All,

I'm working on a temperature control circuit with altium designer and there are some components I can't find. These components include an LM35 temperature sensor and a TL431 Shunt regulator. I found the package on the Altium website, but it may take a while to get my account up and running due to permission issues. Is ther an alternate solution? I took a look at the datasheets below and tried to copy the function block diagram, but I didn't know how to reproduce the E and 10E (pnp) transistors, but couldn't figure it out. Also the current of the current source wasn't mentioned. In addition, I'm not sure about A1 (if its an Op-Amp or not), but it looks like it compares base voltage from a BJT differential amplifier to signify the difference between input (temperature) and output voltage.

Also, is there any way to program in Altium Designer? Where would I start?

Thanks a Ton,
    Adanovinivici

2. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    As far as scripting with Altium, see here.

3. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    I know nothing about Altium. If it is derived from Spice (most analog simulators are), then there are Spice models for both chips readily available. I use both in LTSpice.

4. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    the LM35 gives out 10mV per degree C, the TL431 is a variable zener diode, what circuit are you trying to make?

5. Adanovinivici

Thread Starter Member

Sep 5, 2014
    A heat generator and temperature control circuit.

6. Adanovinivici

Thread Starter Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Alright thanks for the tip.

7. Adanovinivici

Thread Starter Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Thanks man. This is a useful link. Do you think its possible to program LM35 functionality into a script and use it in Altium?

8. Adanovinivici

Thread Starter Member

Sep 5, 2014
    I downloaded LTSpice, but I couldn't find the LM35 Temperature sensor. I'll try to simulate the internal circuitry of the LM35 at this point, but I'd appreciate any tips.

9. Adanovinivici

Thread Starter Member

Sep 5, 2014
    I downloaded LTSPICE 4 and tried to find the LM35 Temperature sensor and TL-431, but they were no where to be found. I also tried searching google and did not have any luck. Could you please let me know where to find them.