Tell me.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Am I being impolite, If I ask that which of you members have like Phd or Masters or what ever you get from learning your life off. :D

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I don't think it is inappropriate, but it would probably be better via PM, since it can be construed as a personal question. I have an Associates degree, but over 35 years experience, for example. I am also not shy (especially on forums), but some people are.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Don't really agree, though I don't like pure phone speak. Remember, many of our members English is second language.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
aah ! so typing "u" instead of "you" means totally different thing.

I write it cause it's just too easy. U know SMS type.

hexreader

Joined Apr 16, 2011
aah ! so typing "u" instead of "you" means totally different thing.

I write it cause it's just too easy. U know SMS type.
You are so understanding always.

I was being rude, as I know you well enough from previous posts that you do not mean any harm ....ever.

You put me to shame (again).

...and it is right that Bill defends you. You are a far better person than I, which is why, in all these years, nobody wanted to explain that "u" is sometimes annoying to grumpy people like me, even though it means exactly the same thing as "you".

I salute you sir! (sorry if that does not translate well)

@Bill
... and yes, extermination is what I deserve :) ( Is Doctor Who known about in the states?)

EDIT: And to answer the original question... I have no degree qualification, and I guess it shows :eek:

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
My university curriculum (which I hope will be completed in less than a year) is considered a Masters by my university and some other foreign institutions, since it's 5 years long and contains many advanced topics.

That's not the case for the Greek state, which recognizes it as a simple bachelors degree.
Take your pick.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
You are so understanding always.
Aah ! that I am .:D

I was being rude, as I know you well enough from previous posts that you do not mean any harm ....ever.
But of course not. Being mean is a bad thing. I just try to see the best in everyone.

You put me to shame (again).
Shame, what shame. Me did nothing . and what do ya mean by again.
Am I missing something?

...and it is right that Bill defends you. You are a far better person than I, which is why, in all these years, nobody wanted to explain that "u" is sometimes annoying to grumpy people like me, even though it means exactly the same thing as "you".
Really sorry. I never realized that by typing "u" is like pointing a the finger.:(
Crap! I need to be learn more about you people's English.

And @ Mr. Bill...what are u guys talking about me while I am not around, ooooops! Sorry. I am a Continent away.
To tell u the truth, I was never around any of you..!

I salute you sir! (sorry if that does not translate well)
Huh ! :confused:

@Bill
... and yes, extermination is what I deserve :) ( Is Doctor Who known about in the states?)
exterminate what ? what am I missing here. :confused:

EDIT: And to answer the original question... I have no degree qualification, and I guess it shows :eek:
It's OK if u got nothing, I was just asking around ..it's kinda my thing to get to know u guys better.

Seriously....thinking out loud...! What did I start now.?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
It's just that the way you write usually reflects your attitude. SMS-style abbreviations insinuate that the user might be of low education, with no regard to formalities and with no desire to perfect himself on the long run, not even in his spelling. Not exactly the role model here in AAC.

This is why non-English speakers are often despised; one might depreciate them by misinterpreting their language barrier.

In your case, "u" is meant to mean "you". "U" doesn't mean anything and is the "illiterate's 'you'".

Last edited:

hexreader

Joined Apr 16, 2011
You started nothing. You did nothing wrong.

I was in the wrong.

I apologise.

The language barrier is bigger than I realised.

Edit: I hope that I can learn and become a better person ... maybe with help from Bill and Georacer?

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Darn it. !

Did I really insult some members here. It was never my intention.

So..using text or sms type is a no no right?

Some body here need to teach me how to write or show respect to elders.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
You started nothing. You did nothing wrong.

I was in the wrong.

I apologise.

The language barrier is bigger than I realised.

Edit: I hope that I can learn and become a better person ... maybe

OK.. I really dunno what you are trying to say or talking about :p.
Why are u apologizing for ?

what the heck is going on in here?

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
He 's being a bit over-apologetic, you didn't insult anyone, don't worry.

The only person you did wrong was yourself, by making the others believe you are less intelligent/professional than you really are.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Naw, just teaching proper English. :D BTW, I just spelled no wrong.

This is a place to relax, so everyone relax and have fun!

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
R!f@@,

I personally don't like the SMS abbreviations and short hand in forums where one is seeking information or making a point.

In this forum, where we have an international audience, the use of google translators makes some interesting message context. As confusing as some of the homework section inquiries are, I'm thinking when they translate a response to their native tongue, we don't know if we insulted them or not.

The language differences will work themselves out. Messaging shorthand reminds me of the Q-codes and other communication codes. It's great for short bursts but not for adding context to expressed ideas.

Oh yeah ... no degree here. Just a common person struggling with english as a primary language.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I love you guys.

This place make me feel so homely.

I think I am blabbing too much. What to do, wify is in Srilanka & I am as usual stuck in the workshop

And I think I owe Bill a "Thank you"