Tektronix 2221A Schematic Needed

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I assume you found the operators manual. No schematics there, though:

http://www.qservice.tv/vpasp/shopdi...IX+PDF+Manuals+on+CD+-+Portable+Oscilloscopes
(about $9.49)

http://www.edaboard.com/ftopic99236.html (free download, about 5 MB)

This seller, who is apparently related to QService, claims to have the service manual for the TEK 2221. It doesn't mention the 2221A, but still may be useful:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tektronix-TEK-2...0265456358QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Books_Manuals

On the QService site, I could not find the service manual per se. So, it might be worth sending a question before buying. See above link to QService.

John

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
Thanks John,
Apparently you found all the same links that I did. Which means you spent a considerable amount of time searching. Yes, I emailed the ebay seller and I'm waiting for a reply. I already have the original and robust 'User Manual' but it's of no use for repairing the scope.

I also went to the Tektronix web site and clicked on their 'Manuals' link but it doesn't appear to be functional. It returns nothing..Not even a "Not Found" message.

I must say that I'm surprised not to find a plethora of CD's available for this classic, but still modern scope. BTW, I've been patiently waiting, for about 14 years, for my department (Bio-Med Electronics) to retire this beauty. Bio-Med purchased it shortly before I came aboard and was used by very few techs besides me.

Thanks again for your efforts John.
Chris

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
Thanks for the great link Sgt. Since the 2215 is the closest number (Service Manual) listed, I downloaded it. With any luck there'll be enough commonality to aid me in trouble shooting the problem.

EDIT: I just downloaded the model 2232 service manual too. Just in case....:D

Last edited:

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
Thank you for the reply and the link. Unfortunately they have only two Tek manuals and neither are for a 2221A. I have found two original Tek service manuals for $100.00 dollars. Considering how exceptional Tektronix manuals are and the excellent physical condition of my scope, it might be worth the cost.

elliott1787

Joined Aug 25, 2011
Did you ever find one? I picked up a 2221A that has some issues and a service manual would be helpful.

One thing I need is part numbers for the knobs, these things have some of the most flimsy knobs I've ever seen. My channel 1 volts/div knob is completely broken, the trigger level knob is messed up and the cal knob for the sec/div is missing. I need to find out of these cross reference to a more common scope.

Mine has some issues with the digital stuff, the text is all smeared on the screen most of the time, but sometimes it is readable. I just turn it off and use it as a full analog scope.

I know Tektronix won't have parts, but if I found out they were in other 2200 series scopes, I would have more of a chance of finding some used ones. These 2221A's aren't exactly common.