Tek 7704A schematics

Tacan

Joined Apr 7, 2008
Hello all. Does anyone know where i can download or can someone e-mail me a copy of a schematic for the Tektronix 7704A scope? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dave

Tacan

Joined Apr 7, 2008
Thank you for the response, i have been to that site many times, unfortunately they dont have a schematic for the 7704A only the 7704. The 2 scopes are very different. I'm thinking the problem is on the Z-Axis board, and i thought just maybe one of the other 7700 scopes may use at least the same board but no luck. I have googled it to death and can find no info on the 7704A.

Tacan

Joined Apr 7, 2008
Yes i have seen them as well, unfortunately i have no funds or a pay pal acct anymore. Thats why i need the scope working again so i can make some money. I have seen some schematics for 9.95 but i dont even have that. I'm in a sorry state indeed. Hopefully someone will have a copy.

Thanks again for your help.

Dave

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
This vid might bring back a few memories:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JEb-avBtxLk&feature=user

and a pic:

but that doesn't help with the 7704A schematics.

I'll ask some of my buddies to see what might be scared up for you, but it'll take a few days. Everyone's busy during the week, but we generally get together on Saturdays.

Those were pretty nice scopes; used them for a while in the early 80's. Actually ran across a few plugins for them at an Army/Navy surplus store a year ago here - sadly, that store is now closed and I have no clue what happened to them.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
You AIMD guys had the A/C. Us OMA types spent much of the time on the flightline.

Don't have very many scanned in; unfortunately I took a lot of slides in those days, and they don't scan well. :rolleyes: But in this pic, myself and another radar "tweet" named Bob are sitting on the deck, checking the rear signal for the port Sparrow missile station, while a couple powerplants guys finish the engine installation on the starboard side. They had to pull it because during the last engine swap, they damaged our rear signal coax, so they had to pull it again so we could repair it. Fun times.

Tacan

Joined Apr 7, 2008
Got to tell those flight line guys to stop dropping those TACAN's on the ground when they pull 'em, their all dented up, lol.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
LOL ;)

Us OMA types were frequently forced to do some strategic box-swapping. I dunno how far back you go, but those birds (F-4J's) I worked on were mighty complicated, because of the timeframe when they were designed (pre-IC, 1960's.) Their idea of ICs was to take a glob of discrete components, and cast them into a little epoxy cube. :rolleyes:

When these birds first hit the fleet, there were over 100 radar techs per squadron, or around 10 per aircraft. :eek: With a normal manpower of around 400-450 per squadron in the late 70's, you can see how disporportionate that number was.

Did you guys have TA-4's when you were stationed there? The Skyhawk was a great A/C. We have an A-4B here a few blocks from me at our Museum; we're in the process of restoring it.
http://nwmvocf.org
If you go to the website, there's a B/W webcam you can steer around for a look-see.

Coincidentally, the Skyhawk that we're restoring was retired from NAS Memphis when I was stationed there in the early 70's - and my first CO at Memphis was one of the first to fly it when it was first delivered to VMA-225 in 1958.

Tacan

Joined Apr 7, 2008
Well, i was born in 67, my father worked there from 67-89, he was civil service. I went there after the navy left and Lockheed and Dynaelectron took over in about 1990 or so. When i was a kid i went to work with my father in the 70's when i was out of school in the summer. Been there many many times and soaked up all i could. I guess you could say i was a Wiz Kid. If i remember correctly, there were A-4s and T-2s there. Been a long time, hard to remember now. I still have the soldering station my dad and i used from there, it's still working. But it was fun to follow my dads foot steps for a while till they completely shut down in 91.

I sure hope one of your friends might have a PDF of a schematic for that Tek 7704A.

Tacan

Joined Apr 7, 2008
OMG, 135 bucks, got to be kidding. I see them on ebay in disk form for 9.95 buy it now. Problem is, no funds. I was hoping maybe someone had a copy in PDF form or an original someone could scan. I guess i'm gonna have to wait. But thanks for your help bro.