Technology node used for PIC uCs

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by noble_soul, Feb 10, 2016.

1. noble_soul

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Can someone please tell me (or help me find out) the technology node (1.2, 0.9, 0.7, 0.5, 0.4 or 0.25 micron) used for fabricating the following PIC microcontrollers: PIC16F1829, PIC16F687 and PIC18F14K22. I could not find that information on the microchip website and not much info on it on the web. Thank you in advance
  2. JohnInTX

Jun 26, 2012
    The 2012 Corporate Quality Handbook says this about processes:
    That said, I don't know of any resource that crosses part numbers with the process technology. Any given part number may go through a 'die shrink' or redesign and the only way to tell (that I know of) is the silicon revision code. I don't know why you'd need to know this but you could ask uCHIP directly. Include the P/N, date code and silicon revision (reported by a programmer) with your request.

Good luck
  3. Papabravo

Feb 24, 2006
    I suspect that in most cases for some parts it just might be all of the above.
  4. noble_soul

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 10, 2016
    I came across that Corporate Quality Handbook as well, but unfortunately (and understandably) it does not give specifics. I will try asking uChip directly, thanks for the advice.
  5. RichardO

May 4, 2013
    Interesting question. In the past, Microchip used low density processes because they got better (or at least good enough) quality at lower cost. Nowadays, I doubt that this is the case.