techni-tool

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by strantor, May 18, 2015.

1. strantor

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    Anybody else order from techni-tool? Last week i got a paper catalog in my mailbox from them. No idea where they got my address; I've never ordered from them that i know of, unless it was through amazon. Lots of cool stuff in the catalog, but everything seemed over-priced. As i was reading through it, i was thinking "feels like I'm reading a grainger catalog for electronics". Ironically, i just visited their "about us" page and learned that they were acquired by grainger.

2. gerty

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 30, 2007
    You're right...kinda pricey...

3. KJ6EAD

Apr 30, 2011
    Of course, but they have a bunch of stuff in one place that's hard to find elsewhere without chasing all over the internet. Another favorite for hard to source tools at least: MCM Electronics.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/

Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Gdrumm and strantor like this.
  4. strantor

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    fair enough. That's the only reason I ever shop at grainger, too. I know they have it. And I know they can get it to me faster than anyone else.
    Do you know if that last part of the Grainger business model ("faster than anyone else") applies to techni-tool as well?

5. KJ6EAD

Apr 30, 2011
    I don't know. I haven't ordered from them in a while and the acquisition by Grainger was news to me.