Tech Schools

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Khalid Abur-Rahman, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Khalid Abur-Rahman

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Is ITT-Tech a good school to attend for learning electronics? Does anyone have any good experiences with the school?

2. KL7AJ

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 4, 2008
    ITT tech schools are fine for practical training, but the credits might not be transferable to many colleges (Their ads say so, right up front).

Eric

3. sprintf

Nov 5, 2007
    Here are a few things you should really consider before making your decision:

- Accreditation: Can you transfer your credits to another college down the line? If you only finish 2 years with an AA, can you choose another school to attend later?

- Cost: How does the cost compare to other popular options? (Community college, state colleges)

- Outcome: What are you looking for when you finish? Do you want to stop at 2 years, 4 years, or have the option to continue on for a masters? Do you want to be an engineer or a technician?

I am 6 months from finishing my BSEE at a Univ of California school, so I am trying to withhold any bias I may have. But, I would really recommend you at least look into your community college/state college options as these schools are often less expensive and provide a quality education that is recognized throughout industry and academia.

4. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Another thing to think about is, are you planning to go for accreditation with a professional institution in the future? If so, you will need to ensure you undertake a course that is academically accredited with the professional institution you wish to attain professional accreditation from.

Dave