TDA7000 enquiry

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by donpiki, Jun 14, 2011.

1. donpiki

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Hello all,
    This is my first time posting here and I need serious help. I am trying to make an FM radio using TDA7000 and interfacing it with PIC16F887 and an LCD. PIC part will be used to tune the tda7000 using a digital potentiometer (MCP41010) and a varicap diode. I have been able to get the radio working using a mechanical potentiometer and the varicap diode. Programming the PIC to tuning the radio and also display the frequency of the tuned stations is the problem. I need help and advice. I'm not so good in programming PIC and i'm going through some examples and also reading some books. I will be grateful if urgent help comes my way because I'm behind schedule in completing this final project. Thanks a lot.
  2. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    The TDA7000 "radio" IC has not been made for about 10 years and is obsolete. It had horrible performance.
    Today you can buy a complete "radio" with a battery, earphones and a light for only $1.00 at The Dollar Store that uses a newer IC the TDA7088. Its performance is also horrible.