TC4427 Issue

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by bobbie, Aug 14, 2013.

1. bobbie

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Hi there.
    I have a PWM circuit that drives a TC4427. The input is 4.7volts, the output from the SG3524 I have used. There is nothing complicated about this circuit. It works.

However, that said, I cannot get anymore out of the 4427 than a 5 volt pulse. I am driving the 4427 from a fully charged 12 volt auto battery which is also supplying the SG3524. I measure 12.4 volts into the 4427 as Vdd. I would expect, reading the datasheet that I should be getting the Vdd less .025v as the output pulse voltage. Thinking that I might have damaged the chips, I bought some new ones. I still only get a low output. Also, I cannot see on the datasheet if there is a low output coded 4427 for driving logic chips, which might require 5 volts.

Could someone please help me understand what might be going on?

Thanks

2. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    Post your schematic for help. We don't know what your circuit is.

3. bobbie

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Hi there,
    thanks for the reply. I shall draw up a schematic and post it later. However, that will be purely academic. I have a simple series of connections to the TC4427. a negative, a positive 12 v and a 5 volt input pulse. I would expect the output pulse to be close to the Vdd. It is not. I have not found a rerefence to this anomaly. As I am able to directly couple the SG 3524 to the input of the TC4427, I would expect the output to be the regulated Vdd. I suppose the real question I should be asking is, what am I missing here? The datasheet I have suggesta a 5v input for a Vdd output.

Thanks

4. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    A schematic should be used for any circuit, for future reference on a project, yours or someone in the future.

If your using a SG3524 to trigger a low side switch, why not do away with the mosfet driver? The SG 352x series of ICs is made to drive mosfets in the low side without a driver.