TBA820m amp problems

Stephen Flynn

Joined Sep 29, 2015
Got hold of a 20k, it didn't like it..tried a 10k..still motor boating and playing up. I had a 1kb pot..it settled down with that. Not much point in having a 1k pot nothing really gained. I then submitted the pot with a resistor to ground..same result the amp only liked resistors up to 1.2k..anything higher would set it off becoming unstable, anything lower than 1k and it started lowering the output..with a small 1.5w amp..you don't want that. The charge amp circuit has a made a huge difference to capturing the missing bass frequencies. Probably a bit too much. Been reading about calculating low pass filters, and found an online calculator.

The current low pass is around 1.5hz. I think the lowest note on a guitar is 80 something, and a ukulele higher. So I think I can adjust the the low pass in the charge amp by changing the values accordingly - somewhere around 30-50hz might be better.

Just wondering, when I change those values C1 and R1...will that affect the values of the components following i.e R4 and C2...if so, is there a way to figure out what they should be????

Theres another issue I'm researching is that these piezo disc out of a typical buzzer have a resonant frequency 5k hz..so the higher string and notes set it off. Think I need to play around with a range of them some kind of EQ pot to roll off those higher frequencies. I could use the other half of the TL072 for that. If anyone has a simple way to do that effectively I would be keen to hear about it. I know on some electric guitars ( i used to have a danelectro) theres a simple pot EQ. You roll it left and you got bass..roll it right and you got treble..I think something like that would be ideal.
cheers