Tax fraud is out of control Look at this.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Is the US getting ripped off or have those debit cards and checks become part of the underground economy. I suspect a little of both as anything of value can be used in the underground economy.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Is the US getting ripped off or have those debit cards and checks become part of the underground economy. I suspect a little of both as anything of value can be used in the underground economy.
There turbo tax debit cards from tax returns. When you efile you have the option to get a check, direct deposit, or TT debit card. Supposably the cards had $600,000 on em. Where I live is supposed to be a hotbed for ID theives and tax fraud because of all the tourist and resturaunts, etc... They bust people in the jail all the times with OPP , ready to file their taxes. I think the scariest thing is these guys aren't smart AP course college kids, or organized crime. Theses are just run of the mill 20 year old gangbangers. And if they got over half a million dollars just imagine what real OC and smart people are doing.

The checks are usually cashed at small spanish groceries for 10% cut. Last year they found 2 miami spanish grocery/convient store places that cashed like 6000 checks each.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
The simple solution is to set your w4 dependents so you don't get a refund. I have no idea why people get so excited over getting so excited over getting a refund. The government had your money all of that time, that is nothing to be happy about.

And the EITC should have never been put into place.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
The simple solution is to set your w4 dependents so you don't get a refund. I have no idea why people get so excited over getting so excited over getting a refund. The government had your money all of that time, that is nothing to be happy about.

And the EITC should have never been put into place.
Most poor people don't have that option nor can the super rich use all their tax loop holes and breaks to get money back. For instance if you make $40k a year and have 3 kids you're gonna get almost $10,000 just for your kids from the gov. Way more then you put in, which is another reason our economy is enevitably gonna fail. So many people are taking out more then they put in, rich and poor. Its just like everyones scamming taxes.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
The solution has always been a tax on consumption rather than one based on income.

The large corporations have been found out. In certain cases some of them have paid close to zero in taxes for a year with Billions in profits.

If they had to pay taxes on all of the merchandise and materials they consumed in the course of the years business they would be unable to 'loophole' themselves out of the expense. The taxes would be collected a small amount every day.

The beauty of this method, where everyone has to pay, is that rates can be very low and still capture the needed funds. There is no way to cheat this system. If you engage in economic activity then you pay taxes. Black market produce excepted as always. :)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
But then the masses could just horde money and never pay on it. Theres 1000 ways to get around a sales tax or consumtion tax. In fact our state attorney just launched all these raids at convenient stores finding tricked registers that keep 2 sets of books. One to cheat taxes and one for real. Your theory may work with biz's but I don't think it would work with people.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Most poor people don't have that option nor can the super rich use all their tax loop holes and breaks to get money back. For instance if you make $40k a year and have 3 kids you're gonna get almost $10,000 just for your kids from the gov. Way more then you put in, which is another reason our economy is enevitably gonna fail. So many people are taking out more then they put in, rich and poor. Its just like everyones scamming taxes.
Not true. I am not rich and I have something like 3-4 dependents on my w2. You are permitted to add more dependents then you have to cover standard deductions.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
There a lot of strange stuff going on with rebate,a elder guy has plumbing

done. The company has the the guy to sign a form that will go to the county

government.The guy is well off,he don't need the county to pay his bills.

Ther are so many rebate things,it has to be planned out to get an effect.

Love thy government rebates are going to change minds,free cell phones.

Add to the list,what about the car dealers that got closed,nobody talks

about that anymore. I see p.u. trucks piles high with mixed stuff,they

will buy any thing,I guess they are counted as small business. What do think.

Add to the free list,you must have heard of someone getting something for

free.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I think the best was the $10,000 for first home buyers. After it was said and done it turned out like 40% of the people who claimed it owned multiple homes.