Taking the plunge with Willem PCB5.0E

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by Artfldgr, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Artfldgr

Thread Starter Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Hi All,
    I recently decided to solve some of my EE problems by taking the plunge in the short end of the pool. after looking all over, i decided on a Willem. the price was right, it handled a lot of different chips, and being relatively cheap now, was a good way to jump in the pool.

I have some experience with the Basic Stamp, and while it nice, its slow. I have been a IS person since the 70s, and looked over the assembler languages of the PICs and figure its not that hard (I remember 6502 back when it was a relatively 'new' chip)

however, here is the issue i had, and thought that my fix would be welcome to others besides myself. The machine has a list of PICs and other EEPROM chips it works with. Looking it over, it doesn't seem to be a comprehensive list, just one that covers what they tested. The machine may very well work with many other versions of PIC not in their list.

I wanted to play with some of the cheapest chips, and was trying to make sense of their list. ultimately, i am interested in what i know at this point i can work with, and in that interest i took their list, cleaned up the PIC section, and starting with that list, made something more useful from it. :)

It's not finished, but its a start..
    I will update it more if i have a chance..