Taking a Drawing and Creating a PCB Gerber File

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
Don't connect a part pin directly on a junction. Move the two parts up and draw a trace to the junctions. That might help. Also, you only posted your schematic. And post images, not .sch or .brd files. Go to FILES > EXPORT and select IMAGE. Eagle will create a .PNG file that you can post directly.

sydcomebak

Joined Dec 13, 2011
Here's where we are at:

Gerber.PNG

I know there are clearance issues, but I'm pretty proud of having gotten this far and reaching my goal of a single-layer layout. More posts as it progresses

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
There's no spec sheet for your switch that I could see. Where did you get the specs? Also, I think that the sensor should be as close to the center of the board as possible - likewise for the battery holder. I would draw a line down the center of the board and mount these two parts on that line. You should also miter all the corners of the traces. Also, connect traces at right angles, or connect at pads.

It is also good practice to not take a trace into and out of a pad like you did for the center pin of the transistor. If you drop a trace from the main trace to the pad, you will eliminate "single point failure" points.

For symetry, place the 555 in the center of the board.

Set the line width on layer 20 to zero. Then draw a wire on the solder mask layer that is about 0.030" wide on top of the layer 20 line. This will give you a 0.015" mask free area right at the edge of your board. This will greatly improve the look of the finished board.

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
The rate at which I correct things after being moved, I might as well start over!
The learning curve is quite good for Eagle. It will take you less that 1/4 of the time it took you on the first try - and, you will enjoy it more, since it will now make sense.