synchronous counter problem

ATM

Joined Oct 8, 2009
Have you attempted anything so far? I know how to do it but I don't just want to give you the answer, it's so much more rewarding when you achieve it yourself. :)

Heres a hint though; I would use an adder with a 'Cin' of 3. And if you use a four-bit bus, the maximum value you can have is 1111 which is 15.

If you're still completely stuck, let me know.

deadlyamplifier

Joined Oct 10, 2009
.hmm i get what u mean ......so let me tell u what i have done till now......i started by considering the present and next states of the data and then i made a table with the excitation table of a t flip flop.......i know i have to use four flip flops and then get logic from k maps and then implement using gates but i need to be sure about my answer........m preparing for my semesters.......so do reply......

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If I were you I'd forget about the T-flipflop since the only thing it can do on each clock edge is toggle. A D-flipflop will at least accept a value of `0' or `1' on each clock edge. From the Karnaugh maps it should be obvious weather it is better to implemnt the `1's or the `0's.

Moving head and shoulders over your competition, consider the JK flipflop which can do four different things on each clock edge. It can toggle, hold, set, and clear.