Swithing ON/OFF monitor thru a relay switch

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Moonstar78, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Moonstar78

Thread Starter Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Hi everyone!

I just want to ask if i can put a protector circuit when switching on my monitor thru a relay switch. Actually, my monitor switch ON/OFF by a relay switch triggered from a 12vdc digital timer. I just cut the power cord and put the relay switch on it.

Does this kind of switch method can harm my monitor circuit?

I need your suggestion and help improving my experiment.

Thank in advance and more power!

2. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    You can use relay but your is not cleared please elaborate why you want to connect digital timer ??

3. Moonstar78

Thread Starter Member

Jul 7, 2011
    I assembled a coin slot operated PC with a digital timer. My coin slot triggers on my digital timer with a relay switch to power ON my monitor. When the time is ended the relay switch OFF my monitor. I just want to ask if there is a circuit that protect my monitor to breakdown due switching ON/OFF intermittently.

If anybody does it...:( Please share your schematic diagram with component values.

4. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    I don't think that the Monitor will get some hazard by this, yes if you do this regularly then may some hazard may happen...

OK, have you completed your coin schematic..??

5. Moonstar78

Thread Starter Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Yes, i did. What shall i do now? Is there any other options to keep OFF/Fading the screen of my monitor so that user cannot use it until he/she drops a coin. Do you have any idea on how to do it?