Switching permanent magnet field

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
one answer I get here helps me understand more things at once .. if that makes sense.. i was reading about how to use a Voltmeter and a led light caught my eye .. and i'm already interested in making a solar panel out of led lights... i'm jumping here and there connecting all the dots just to understand the electricity behavior and all the devices that come after .. i am complicated but yet, very simple . I'm still not entirely sure what am i trying to make, have some ideas but first i have to learn other things.. i'm making some sort of a generator, and I needed something to move a set of magnet away .. so i made it doing that mechanically.. and then the idea that came to me was if i can somehow do that different way . without all the mechanical components .. then i stumbled into this magnet field behavior .. it amazed me and it looks like a right choice for now.. ..and now i have to learn more about it to continue .. complicated but simple.. ;)

Ps. Thank you for H-bridge ;)

trying to find out more about this world I'm being made off and live in.. ;) just experimenting with stuff, nothing special .. It helps me understand things better .. idk.. I hope that's ok ?
No problems with that! :D

I was merely wondering if you had some specific idea/application in mind for the electromagnet arrangement? --- Apprehension of the 'big picture' is key to provision of quality assistance:)

Best regards
HP

i'm already interested in making a solar panel out of led lights...
As far as I know LEDs exhibit negligible photovoltaic activity --- That said, most semiconductor junctions exhibit some degree of photoconductivity...

i'm making some sort of a generator, and I needed something to move a set of magnet away .. so i made it doing that mechanically.. and then the idea that came to me was if i can somehow do that different way . without all the mechanical components
While having no desire to 'rain on your parade' -- Electromagnetic 'generation' entails dynamic cutting of conductor{s} by magnetic flux -- Ergo any such arrangement preclusive of (macroscopic) motion will constitute nothing more than an electromagnetic (i.e. mutual inductance) transformer...

Best regards
HP:)

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
haha, parade got me.. now this wont work.. i forgot about the core being magnetic..ha.. i can't use this in a way i had in mind .

Last edited:

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
if i put a magnet on one core that has open ends .. so the magnet on it has North and south on the ends of that core. (U shape core with permanent magnet on it. . and on the other side one closed core.. will i be able to switch the field from the open core to the closed one ,and back ?

Actually it can work like i imagined.. if there is no magnetic field between the magnet and the core after the switch ..
I'm not certain I understand your question...?

Generally, a magnetic field may be neutralized via imposition of an inverse field exerting equal magnitude at the distance of (desired) neutrality --- There are, of course, an infinite number of arrangements productive of said condition...

haha, parade got me..
I apologize if the idiom is unfamiliar...

"To rain on one's parade" ~ "To disillusion" --- Hope that allays any misapprehension! :)

Best regards
HP

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
haha I understand , I'm actually good with idioms , would love to be that good with electricity . ;) Neutralization, switching.. etc. everything in that circle interests me for this motor. I just need permanent magnet or the field to be moved away. i'm loosing in speed and in strength doing it mechanically . for better understanding it's V rail generator with some more stuff going on.. don't assume it's about free energy ;) ... now i'm thinking about higher voltage.. if I increase the field of the magnet to make the field bigger ( the one i want to move away). .

imagine it like this because i'm bad in explaining .. rotor =permanent magnets.. stator= permanent magnet. now because of the V shape we make the attracting process between N and S last longer and now we have the rotation of the wheel by doing that. now I need the "stator" to be moved away or just the field (that would be much better) so that the wheel can continue the spinning process , it means I need the stator which is made from permanent magnets to not have any influence on the rotor. that's why i'm interested in this switching process ,but now i see the core will still have influence on the rotor magnets . now i'm thinking about replacing rotor magnets with iron. . but i would love to be able do it without that. (because again i will lose strength of the wheel by replacing the magnets. Now i need an idea .. what would be the best way. . now i'm thinking about increasing the field with high voltage. . I think if i make the field bigger using high voltage, that field would have less attraction to the rotor in that moment .. if you know what i mean.. :/

tell me more about the neutralization you mentioned, if you can show me some examples etc. . much appreciated.
Well... Your video is an excellent illustration of the phenomenon... :)

now i'm thinking about replacing rotor magnets with iron. . but i would love to be able do it without that
'Commutation' requires the presence and 'switching' of 'dynamic magnets' (cip electromagnets) in the field and/or rotor. --- Please don't confuse static forces/reactions with energy! They are, rather, (in this regard) merely means of energy storage (À la clock springs)...

To dispel a common misapprehension: While 'free' generation is achievable wherever 'raw material'/'input energy' is free to the operator -- Over unity generation, on the other hand, is a physical impossibility...

Best regards
HP

Last edited:

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
If i understood you correctly , Yes, i am aware of magnet force acting like a spring or potential energy storage "thing" ;)
I understand over unity generation being a physical impossibility ,, but the thing is, when I'm going in that direction i somehow learn much easier if that makes sense, and it helps me understand things better .

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
But when i look at it like this now. . for switching the field of attraction is needed less energy than two magnets can create while moving towards each other..

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
my mistake .. never mind about that one. can the coil around the rod of magnets neutralize the field of attraction between two magnets when current is released trough the coil ? never mind.. i'm rushing into it. i will come back with real question.. ;)

Attachments

Last edited:
If i understood you correctly , Yes, i am aware of magnet force acting like a spring or potential energy storage "thing" ;)
I understand over unity generation being a physical impossibility ,, but the thing is, when I'm going in that direction i somehow learn much easier if that makes sense, and it helps me understand things better .
Yes! I agree that it is very important to explore the underpinnings of physical laws/axioms for oneself -- lest we become mindless 'lackeys' of ostensible experts/prodigies/visionaries, or, far worse, idolators -- Moreover exploration of the "won'ts" and "can'ts" of something is a recognized, rather powerful, pedagogical tool (Formally termed 'discovery', FWIW) --- The 'limiting consideration', of course, derives from the sad fact that life is far too short to brook 'reinvention of the wheel' at every juncture -- hence a balance must be struck...

Just my $.02:)

Best regards
HP

Last edited: