Switching Foot Switch with PIC

FunkyLabRat

Joined Apr 23, 2012
Hi there everybody,

I'm building a project where I need to switch between a connected foot switch (which is just a fancy potentiometer) and a digital potentiometer that is controlled by a PIC.

The switching has to be controlled by the PIC's program, so the three TRS lines can be switched back and forth between A & B (see image).

The digipot is good to go and connected with a 16F628A. But what do I need to switch? Any suggestions how to do this?

Thanks!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I have read this over about ten times and it is still not clear what you are asking.
In one case the foot switch is selected.
In the second case the MCP41010 chip is selected.
How fast are you switching between the two?
Why are you doing this?
What is the question?

FunkyLabRat

Joined Apr 23, 2012
I have read this over about ten times and it is still not clear what you are asking.
In one case the foot switch is selected.
In the second case the MCP41010 chip is selected.
How fast are you switching between the two?
Why are you doing this?
What is the question?
The question is simple: is there a IC or part that can do this switching?

Sorry, maybe the reason I've trouble explaining this is the same reason I can't find out how to do this.

Here's a new image which shows what I want. Just a simple IC or part that can switch between the three lugs of two potentiometers, where the switching is controlled by the PIC's program (not by a physical switch).

The switching has to be done almost instant, but a few milliseconds delay shouldn't be a problem.

I really hope I've explained it better this time.

paulchavez

Joined May 20, 2016
The question is simple: is there a IC or part that can do this switching?

Sorry, maybe the reason I've trouble explaining this is the same reason I can't find out how to do this.

Here's a new image which shows what I want. Just a simple IC or part that can switch between the three lugs of two potentiometers, where the switching is controlled by the PIC's program (not by a physical switch).

The switching has to be done almost instant, but a few milliseconds delay shouldn't be a problem.

I really hope I've explained it better this time.
How would this be done with a physical switch,
Say there was only one potentiometer for a certain function and to switch between two settings
Pot a to pot to pot b
With a double pole button?
Thanks for your time. God bless.-pc

For God so loved the world that he gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Last edited by a moderator: